Spec Tire?

darmst6829

All the talk about period correct Pre 65 trias motorcycles and I havent seen any mention of modern tires. My guess is if a specification tire such as a Chang Shin C186 was mandated then the sport would be much closer to the magic pre 65 than by limiting any other modification? Maybe this has been discussed already?

I remember when Michelin brought out a radial tyre late 83 I think, Suddenly we needed dual routes as the better riders could use the extra grip more effectively than the rest.

Now it's a guddle with more routes and classes than you can shake a Dunlop Trials universal at.

Anyway I'm off to fit a pair of new x lights on the Scorpa.

• Like 1

Have you actually tried this ? Might be ok in the dry, could be difficult even getting out the car park in the wet. 

Yes I did about 10 years ago on a 4 speed Bultaco. They worked well up to a point.

That point presumably being when you attempted much more than anything deserving to be called a section.

Useless tyres may be a way of deterring newcomers from taking up the sport, but I thought we were supposed to be promoting it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

dont see what the fuss is about i have been using heidenau trials tyres for a few years now cost me less than £100 pair , grip seems as good as any other tyre and the wear is ok so if you want to keep costs down this is one way to go , i dont think that the average rider would find his performance any different , will.