2015 Evo 2T Map Switch-250Cc

melba26

Hi,

I decided to remove the map switch from side of the radiator as it was always wet and I am not sure if it is working or not.

On checking the manual and sticker on the bike show different position for the soft (cloud) and hard (sun) settings. The sticker shows depressed for soft which is how I have used the bike. The manual shows depressed with the sun for hard setting.

On checking the switch is closed (current flows) when depressed. To be honest I can not tell difference when using the switch but would like to know if depressed is the soft or hard setting hence if I should connect the wires together for soft setting with the switch removed.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Melba

Open contact = fast map, Wires joined = soft map.

My bike came without a switch so did some research.

Most of the other brands of bikes with dual map have open circuit for fast setting.

The map switch will do very little on a 250, The Factory 300 there is a difference in the mids.

Make shure your not trying to use the headlight switch, thinking its the map switch, They do nothing on the 300 or any other size, kinda usless is my thoughts. I have a 2014 factory 300 riding expert and can hear or feel any difference in the performance of the bike

Interesting, i have a 250 2t evo 2013 and the map switch plastic box was a bit busted up so i decided to just remove it and join the wires. According to the beta owners manual when the yellow switch is pushed down thats the hard setting for dry, whereas when the switch is in the up position its soft for wet. So i broke the switch open and it looks to me like when the switch is in the hard position the wires are joined. I have since decided to redo it and get a handlebar on/off switch so i can try both settings to see if there is any difference. 

Hello, 2015 300 4t here.

Here's something I just learned today. These switches are sticky. You have to pull up on the switch until you feel a click. This is the fast map when it's all the way up. You may notice the idle pick up. Now press down. You should hear the idle drop a tad. Press the button again for fast/ sunshine map and you likely won't notice anything as the switch will not come all the way up by itself, so give it a little pull.