Classic Racing....

spen

• 3 weeks later...

Paul's son, Pete 'Longpod' is riding the Norton and the Suzuki 400.
Paul is riding one of our Yamaha 600's. I'm hoping to get him back on a trials bike soon, he's a good trialler both two and three wheels. Him and his wife Bev' did a lot of sidecar lunacy type stuff....

Edited by spen

It's a tidy looking thing. A few minor snags came to light, all sorted. To be expected on a new build.

Erv' Wallace threw the Yamaha 600 into the scenery, no injury, very little damage.

Paul Rogers enjoyed his test on another Yamaha 600.

Very happy.

• Like 1

We're in the check over, tyre changing and lock wiring stages at the moment. Should be starting to load vans with bikes and spares ready for next weekend at Pembrey. Hopefully the weather will be kinder than previous March meetings down there.

Well, I got that wrong... weather has been bloody awful..... driving rain!

Hi spen,

I would have thought you knew there was a special word for that sort of weather - it is called 'Easter'...................

• Like 1

Hahaha, yes Deryk, you're right. At least we're getting to race. Three years ago we turned up at Brands Hatch in March and got snowed off.

Nice at the moment, 09.48, even a bit of sun shining through, but thunder and lightning prophesied in the next few hours.

Much like the observers at trials, it's the marshals I feel sorry for in this weather.

Edited by spen

A wet start to our racing season, Saturday was awful, virtually horizontal rain, not the most pleasant of conditions to race in, but we've had worse!

Good results with the Yamaha 600's, Erv' Wallace was highest placed at third over the weekend's four races. Other Yamaha 600 riders (on my bikes) were Steve Panter, Paul Rogers (good trials man in his day), Oli' Bingham and James Ford**.

Martin 'Digga' Dyke got a highest of third place too on the Spencer Racing Honda in the Classic Ultralightweight class. 

A few teething problems with the Commando, nothing serious, a bit of moisture in the electrics caused a misfire.

The Suzuki 400 did very well, bit of a rush build and no time to test, but it finished all four races up near the front.

I lent a lad a spare bike, Yamaha 600 and he proved to be a good rider, James Ford, bit of a decent Isle of Man racer and keen Fantic twinshock trialler..... he's going to be racing for me for the rest of the season. (And trialling with me when there's no racing).

Croft next.....

• Like 2