Txt 125 2000 Hebo Rear Caliper

sstout

Anyone know where I can get one of these from... the bleed nipple has seized inside and won't come out. drilled it and tried to extract it.. no luck.... caliper bolts corroded in so suspect this is the same...

Haven't found a replacement online so far, anybody know where to get one from please?

Cheers

post-20864-0-64409700-1454877828_thumb.jpg

The Gas Gas Part number is BT27922001

If you search the net by the part number you will find them for sale.

One here: LINK, but there are others if you search that number.

There is also repair kits still available. oni nou you may have tried to fit the bigger AJP repair kit, the HEBO pistons are slightly smaller but still available.

Edited by arnoux

Starting with heat on yours before snapping and drilling probably would have saved it. You could use the same method to split it then fit new seals and a banjo bolt bleed nipple, even if it's just for a spare as someone will be glad of it when new parts will run out.

I have a front one from a 99 txt that looks the same. It needs work and I no longer have the bike but I'm still reluctant to throw it out. It's available for a few quid to cover postage if it's of use to you or anyone else.

I've managed to drill it and get an M8 heli coil in, need to find a bleed nipple to fit it now and then test it... the pistons aren't coming out with air but were moving a little with fluid, so I'll sort the nipple then bleed the system and see if I can get them out, maybe even replace them if they don't clean up nicely. The Spat Shop does the right size ones as a service part.

If that doesn't work, I may be back in touch Totty79 for the one you have... cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Had a struggle with my bleed nipple. snapped a drill in it, doh.. Did the last resort and sawed round the circumference of the aluminium collar where the nipple screws in,about 3mm down. the idea was to expose a small amount of the nipple to grip to undo. when I put the grips on the sawn off piece of ally to remove it, the nipple unscrewed with it! Cleaned with file and new nipple sorted it. The 2 allen bolts holding the caliper together, I ground the heads off with my Dremel, the threaded parts came out easily, and fresh bolts sorted that part. Back on the bike but got a weep from one of the pistons. (seals possibly  damaged from heating with blowlamp trying to free the bleed nipple. Ordering a seal kit this week from Trials & Tribulations. 01694 722894. About 20 quid for a seal kit.

• 1 month later...

floydbassman - thanks for the tip about the seal kit at T&T I just ordered some,

Did your pistons come out easy? mine are being a pig, (I've left the bike for a month now as got frustrated with no progress)...

Have been investigating having a new bracket made to fit another type of caliper, maybe a 2 pot AJP, but not got very far... the ones off a JTX of the same year don't fit at all despite looking like they will... I've sorted new o rings out from a friend in the trade, but couldn't sort out the internal seals, so that's now sorted with the T&T kit...  next up try to get the pistons out and fit the new kit!

Hi Sstout. I was lucky with my pistons, they all came out ok.I am lucky in, being a refrigeration engineer, I have access to using nitrogen at up to 500 psi for pressurising! Had to make up a clamping arrangement to hold the freed off pistons in place while pressurising the remaining stuck ones. A bit of gentle heat helped too. I used a steam wallpaper stripper for this. Hope this helps

• 1 month later...

Ok so the resolution for this brake problem seems to be found at Trials & Tribulations now... there is a replacement AJP rear brake set up now available to replace the Hebo four pots... that's the good news...

the bad news is it's £185.00!

http://trialstribulations.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=83&products_id=1816

I've ended up taking the brake's to a mate who rather heavy handedly drilled through the bottom of the bleed hole and into the edge of the piston. Bugger that's that knackered then!! Hey ho...

So as the front brakes are knackered too on this bike this is going to be an expensive repair or I break it for the spares... teach me to look at the bike properly next time and don't buy someone else's ***** left overs!!

Cheers for the help everyone