Return To Live In Uk

hamill_glen

Unless they are rarities or you have a great personal attachment I would have thought that the cost of getting them here would be out of proportion to their usefulness. There's no shortage of used bikes over here, though good used bikes may be a different matter, depending on age. There are some remarkably young and scarcely used bikes advertised at times.

• Like 1

I would suggest you contact HMRC (Her Majesties Revenue and Customs) direct to clarify what you can/can’t do and how much it costs.

I believe that the import duties are different if you are relocating to the UK rather than just bringing goods in. This is a link to the government site it implies that you probably won’t need to pay import duties, https://www.gov.uk/importing-vehicles-into-the-uk/vat-duty-and-tax-vehicles-from-outside-the-eu

If you’re going to be filling a container with all your stuff it might be cheaper to sling the bikes in as well rather than buying replacements over here. If you've got to ship them separately its probably not worth it. 

Edited by smokey125