Hello From Sunny Spain........

domtrails

Hi guys I just aquired a beta Rev3  2003 model and have never ridden a trials bike in my life....I have ridden road and enduro bikes though and now almost at the ripe old age of 45 I was looking for a slower more technical type of riding. Well trials seemed to be the answer and a friend of a friend had an old bike for sale so I thought I would dive in the deep end.

First day out today just a 2 hour play and I fell just the once (hard though and have a nice lump on my right leg) and by the end was taking the bike up trials without thinking about the inclination where I would have been in two minds on the enduro.

Overall a great intro to the sport but that lump on my leg hurts.

Dom..........

Hello from a wet East Scotland.

Good on you for giving it a bash though 45 is no that old for starting out in these parts.

You've plenty years left yet.

Must say I'm fair jealous of you going out for a 2hr spin round here you couldn't do the washing in 2 hrs after a wee play . 

Viva Espana as they say in civilised parts.

• Like 1

@ Breagh - I love scotland and all its beauty but boy Spain or should I say Catalonia, we live in a small village just outside Barcelona, is a bikers paradise.

I ride all year round, road and off road, I have a 30m ride from my shed to the start of a dirt track that leads me into the wilds of the catalan countryside.....we have ridden the enduros from my shed to the french pyrenees border, a 8 hour+ ride on almost pure dirt tracks and trials. The roads, man the roads if you are a biker of the tarmac variety then you cant go wrong, hardly any cops, no cameras, views to die for and almost perfect trarmac..........only flip side ***** spanish drivers.

Anyhow if you turn up in sunny spain give us a bell and I will be glad to show you about my neck of the woods.

Visca Catalunya...........thats what we say here....:-o

Dom

• Like 1

Very kind reply dom,it's not really that bad here,only rained since October.

Last week I ran a trial and had to cancel half way through as the riders were getting blown of there bikes.

We're really spoiled.

Anyway I'm  now riding that trail from your shed to the Pyrenees in my mind.

Cheers the noo.