Left Foot Braking On Tiger Cub

turbo

Hi , Have ridden my cub for first time today and loved it APART from brake being on LH SIDE . Apart from 'getting used to it " I would prefer to convert to RH side , Has anyone here any tips or info etc on how to achieve please ? . Thanks.

First ride out on my Greeves had too many scary moments going down some steep banks, going for the brake to find that it wasn't there, so swapped it over, do whatever feels right for you. Mine was pretty simple just cut the old one off and used an old fantic pedal I had and cut and welded it to suit using the original pivot

My understanding of the reason why motorcycle rear brakes were placed on the left hand side has something to do with the way brain signals are sent to limbs giving quicker response to right arm left leg or left arm right leg, it was our american friends (or their politicians) who demanded that the brakes on everything have to be as they are now.

I too think that once you get used to the bike you will not even think about rear brake pedals.

Edited by trialsrfun

The only problem with comverting it is that you will either need a cable to operate it or some kind of cross over linkage. Nether idea is good. Just get used to it mate. Also what about the gears? Are you going to alter that as well?

I currently have my trial Panther with LH brakes and an upright gear lever, a BMW road bike with RH brake and a normal LH gear lever, My Ural outfit with RH brake and a heel and toe RH gear lever and ( fingers crossed ) will have this summer a road going hand change Panther with RH brake which pivots from the front of the bike. So yes you do get used to it and only occasionally try to brake with the gear lever and vice versa

You wouldn't be able to change gear while braking either. Not much of an issue on a trials bike I suppose.

I ride classic bikes and modern ones on a day to day basis in the summer months with hardly any confusion. Unfortunately usually the only time confusion occurs is in emergency braking situations!

One way to get yourself used to it is to try and remember to place the toe of your boot on the brake lever at the start of each section. And on the road I try and remember to do a practice emergency stop just after setting off. It all helps.

Edited by japes1275