Jgas Bankrupt?

jordi

I saw this. I'm very sad if its true :(. Will see what the boss has to say. Might be strategic to lose debts .... Just a possibility ... More out of hope than any knowledge of mine. Here's hoping. .... thinking aloud ...... was there any point in continuing as it was .
I'll hear soon I'm sure

Edited by gasgas249uk

Yes, bankrupcy declared 20 February 2016 by a trade judge.

http://www.boe.es/diario_boe/txt.php?id=BOE-B-2016-5664 This is the Government declaration of bankrupcy.

It is a pity, but all Spanish companies except the mighty Honda/Montesa and maybe Vertigo, depend on political influences and decissions. A small change in the grants or the working market and the company gone.

Yes, bankrupcy declared 20 February 2016 by a trade judge.

http://www.boe.es/diario_boe/txt.php?id=BOE-B-2016-5664 This is the Government declaration of bankrupcy.

It is a pity, but all Spanish companies except the mighty Honda/Montesa and maybe Vertigo, depend on political influences and decisions. A small change in the grants or the working market and the company gone.

It strikes me as odd that on one hand the Spanish Govt in whatever form supports these businesses via grants etc, but on the other hand is constantly restricting land-use so it is difficult for people to actually use the products.

When you look at the trials areas I'm familiar with (NW England and N Yorks) the numbers of riders, whether they are competing or not, seems to be very healthy. In the NW I think there are two significant factors - Back Cowm a huge chunk of land that is well used with people travelling from outside the area and Inch Perfect with their experience days (and good land).

In N Yorks a huge proportion of riders come from families with access to land right outside their door.

It strikes me as odd that on one hand the Spanish Govt in whatever form supports these businesses via grants etc, but on the other hand is constantly restricting land-use so it is difficult for people to actually use the products.

Yes dabber, that is exactly the big problem we have. In Madrid community for example, with 6 millon people, there is not a single square meter where you can practice trials legally. Not even in private land it is permitted. Madrid federation and riders fighting for it for years, but at the moment impossible mission. Now in Madrid in the 5 trials a year championship, no more than 70 riders, that is all.

The other issue are licences, 350€ every year for a licence makes many people stay away from the sport.

It is a pity JotaGas is bankrupt, but at last the only market that makes them survive is actually the UK market, so if they don´t approach and market properly in the UK, they are dead sooner or later.

Cataluña is bit different, they are more open to allow trials competitions and trials areas, but not easy aniway.

Perhaps we could have JOG-ON-OSSA, as a new joint venture for 2017 :moon:

A new bike may catch on, with a back to front engine, efi and a laid down,side mounted rear shock

DADof2 could be their new marketing guru, he has a way with figures, he could offer any new buyer - free Trials entry fees for the first year on the new creation  :hyper:

Edited by johnnyboxer
  • Like 6

"there is not a single square meter where you can practice trials legally. 

Not even in private land it is permitted."

Blimey, Nobody expected the Spanish Inquisition to get involved!

And as for JotaGas sorry, it was interesting I guess but not that interesting or different to challenge those current makes it came up against. 

Anyway if you still want one I guess all you have to do is move the back damper on a TRS!

• Like 1

I was reading the post on French trials licences in the European section a few days ago. When you see what,s happening happening in Spain as well it good reason to leave the EU. The more bureaucrats that have to option to regulate us, the more likely it is we will get more regulations. The restriction of under 19 year olds to 125ccs was EU driven for example.

As for Jotagas it would be interesting to know exactly what went wrong.