1996 Beta Techno Clutch Problem

keith0673

Hi all please help me I'm going round the bend here.

Why does my clutch lever get more resistance the more times I pull it in till I just can't pull it in?

Lay bike on its side taken cover off and if push in the centre the rod thingy goes back and lever becomes normal to operate, why is it sticking should there be a spring to push it back?

Ok lineaway all adjustment sorted out min freeplay in lever,

Put bike on side so I don't lose my oil.

Pull in lever 4 times and resistance begins another 6 pulls and it is jammed so again i just push the rod in the centre with my finger and the clutch lever is back to normal.

Iv started the bike up and I have no clutch even when clutch feels ok to building resistance.

Do you think I can have too much travel in the lever that mite be why it's jamming?

Sounds stupid but I'm really confused

Make sure you have freeplay at the lever Ie  the lever does nothing for a bit before it starts to disengage. The piston in the master cylinder needs to fully retract to allow the pressure to release. If you don't have any freeplay the pressure increases with each pull of the lever with no way of releasing,