Rev 3 Not Running After Jet Wash Sparks And Fuel Present.

dabbist

Hi all,

Probably another idiot newby question.

After a jolly day at Earl Shilton I jet washed my 2006 rev3 200. It started first kick as normal but wouldn't rev. It let out a couple of sharp "cracks" from the exhaust (backfires? ) then slowly wound it's way down to a stop (slight response to throttle but not enough to pick it up) then wouldn't start at all.

I left it for an hour to dry out and it did the same again, but without the "backfires".

Since it felt a bit like it was choked and the plug was wet and black I assumed I'd soaked the air filter.

I was planning to replace it this weekend anyway and to clean out the exhaust, so I left it at that.

I've now stripped and cleaned the exhaust and replaced the air filter and it shows no signs of life at all.

I get a spark (though it looks a tad weak) and the plug gets wet, so there must be fuel getting in.

All suggestion gratefully accepted.

Cheers

Thanks Lineaway. I forgot to mention that I'd already done the flywheel-wd40 bit after I washed it, but she started second kick with a new plug.

I'm still not sure how I could wash a spark plug to death, though. Still, the last two stroke I had was a Bantam... before they were classics.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Hi dabbist, I had the same problem after a trial I jet washed the bike down , it had been running just fine before hand but after the said washing of the bike it started first kick but it then must of sucked in some water because it then ran like a pig . I was sure a seal or head gasket had gone it also backfired very rough .

On this site tho you will see time after time the words FIRST OF ALL ALWAYS CLEAN THE CARB OUT AND BLOW OUT THE JETS WITH AN AIR LINE . Best advice you can ever take notice of . So I cleaned it out and it ran as sweet as ever again .So after muddy trials or very wet trials or over the top jet washing some how water even a small amount can get into the carb and make it run rough .

Another good tip I have used is the Billy T mods to float height and breather pipes well worth a look in the other posts here .

Rich.

Thanks for the replies everyone. It's running just fine with the new plug, but the carb set up is next on my list.

I've been working my way around since buying it. Fixed the water in the oil (water pump seal in backwards!) Done the clutch mod, stripped, cleaned and repacked the exhaust and new air filter.

Does anybody know of a thread on removing and fitting the carb? I'm sure I'll figure it, but there's bound to be an easier way than I find.

Thanks again all.