Beta Evo 250

endokid

2012/13/14 can jump out of gear.  Plenty of threads about this in the "Beta" section of this forum.  I had a 2013 250 Evo.  Jumping out of gear in sections was annoying and frustrating.  I was talking to a chap with a 2014 Evo yesterday and he was telling me that his did it sometimes.

The first years had frame necks that could snap.  The later hydro-formed frames don't.  Find some pictures of the different frame necks, so that you know the ones to avoid.

Mudguards are made of glass and are expensive - broke one the first time I went out after fitting a new one.

Edited by stpauls

2012/13/14 can jump out of gear.  Plenty of threads about this in the "Beta" section of this forum.  I had a 2013 250 Evo.  Jumping out of gear in sections was annoying and frustrating.  I was talking to a chap with a 2014 Evo yesterday and he was telling me that his did it sometimes.

The only time my evo has jumped out of gear was when I did not do a firm gear change rather than a light flick of the lever,

The first years had frame necks that could snap.  The later hydro-formed frames don't.  Find some pictures of the different frame necks, so that you know the ones to avoid.

The 09 evo's the first model had an issue with braking frames just check that the fuel filler is not angled to the left, if it is straight the frame has been upgraded, if not check with the local dealer the frame should still be covered by warranty,

Mudguards are made of glass and are expensive - broke one the first time I went out after fitting a new one.

True they can brake if pulled upwards some people have fitted a Gas Gas one on the front with the Gas Gas bracket, the back one's can be made more flexible by twisting and flexing gently at 1st to make it more pliable,

I have an 09 250 and am very happy with it,

Steve,

Edited by vonhazza