Loud Ticking On 4T

pudrev3

Hey guys I've got a beta Evo 4t 2014 it has a slightly loud ticking , seems worse when it's warm , I had a overheating problem few months ago and I'm thinking it could be damage caused , any advice would be good fellas , cheers ?

A ticking noise can sometimes be the exhaust to barrel joint starting to leak and 'pop'..... Try nipping it up, not too much, and see if it helps. Go for the simple things before you delve into the (expensive) things.....

A ticking noise can sometimes be the exhaust to barrel joint starting to leak and 'pop'..... Try nipping it up, not too much, and see if it helps. Go for the simple things before you delve into the (expensive) things.....

The exhaust is not bolted on these but held in with 2 springs. I would check tappets and camchain adjustment first and go from there.

The exhaust is not bolted on these but held in with 2 springs. I would check tappets and camchain adjustment first and go from there.

Thanks, in that case check the exhaust is seating correctly inside the recess.

Very likely to be the valves.  Should not need it on a new bike BUT you said the bike got hot.

Does the noise frequency increase as you rev the bike?  

Is it getting hard to start when it is warm?

Edited by billyt

No shims. Bucket and screw.  First thing is to check the clearances. 

I have the technical manual for the Beta 4T on just the engine.  I can send it to you if you like?

E-mail me at:

williamtraynor@hotmail.com

Edited by billyt