Braketec Front Master Cylinder

davet

Hi there I'm in South Yorkshire , but used to paying p/p has its 30 mile plus to my nearest shop . As to the price cheaper the better for braketec front master cylinder .

Motormerlin ive just seen £76 .

Cheers Dave

• 1 month later...

We have two gasser snow ...both with braketec master cylinders....both have developed worn out front seal on piston....just did the wife's yesterday ...be dammned mine now needs doing...question is......has anybody identified a source to buy these , I know one can buy a repair kit but I find it a lot of money to replace a 20 pence lip seal..it looks like being a regular maintenance task I would prefer to have a stock of the bit that matters

• Like 1

My suggestion is to purchase AJP small reservoir master cylinder. I have seen a Pro's bike have a Nissin front brake master cylinder?

I do have a GasGas 2014 Race and switched both Master cylinders to the AJP small reservoir.

So we,re all in the same boat.....you would think as line away suggests they would Bing a few in for the sake of their reputation.....maybe the new gas gas owners will take on board some of these niggling criticisms and for sake of a few centimes do something about it. What I was hopeing to find was somebody like Ivan Manning ( a guy who specialzed in seals of all types and loved hiss trials)...Ho hum

We have two gasser snow ...both with braketec master cylinders....both have developed worn out front seal on piston....just did the wife's yesterday ...be dammned mine now needs doing...question is......has anybody identified a source to buy these , I know one can buy a repair kit but I find it a lot of money to replace a 20 pence lip seal..it looks like being a regular maintenance task I would prefer to have a stock of the bit that matters

What are the symptoms of a worn out front seal?

I'd look for a second hand AJP,Braketec quality seems variable

Unfortunately Everything from Braketec seems suspect quality.

Changed the caliper piston seals with Braketec every seal leaked, managed to find some original AJP seals no leaks. 

• 4 months later...