Power Delivery.

durham4416

I've just recently bought a 2013 Beta evo 250, prior to buying I rode a gasgas 250 of the same year which felt perfect, good responsive power delivery, after a quick test ride I thought the Beta was similar but having entered a trial yesterday with my son my throttle just didn't feel at all responsive, very on/off. I have quite a bad wrist injury and limited movement so the throttle response is even more crucial than normal. What can I try with the Beta or should I just look for a gasser?

My dads Beta Techno was like you're describing, turns out it had 1 carbon reed and the other made out of a milk carton! was aweful to ride but with some new carbon fibre reeds its lovely and smooth. Maybe carb or reeds? try some dual stage boysons?

The gasgas I rode had a dual action throttle, slow for the first quarter or something, it was very nice to ride. The bet just doesn't feel right at the moment, I don't have a lot of experience with carb set up but it does feel like it could be sorted.