Check Your Sprocket Bolts

ourian

Don't ask me how, but two of my rear sprocket bolts came out yesterday and did this to my swinging arm

post-19190-0-38753900-1458594098_thumb.jpg

Thankfully I have access to a TIG welder here's the repair

post-19190-0-43921800-1458594185_thumb.jpg

All finished ready to put back on

post-19190-0-75676700-1458594309_thumb.jpg

Check your sprocket bolts

• Like 1

If that was on a 4RT, the Honda locking nuts with the metal blade inserts are one use only, either buy new ones when you change the sprocket, or use loctite on the threads.

Nice repair, any distortion from the heat?

If that was on a 4RT, the Honda locking nuts with the metal blade inserts are one use only, either buy new ones when you change the sprocket, or use loctite on the threads.

Nice repair, any distortion from the heat?

It was on a 4rt and possibly with the Honda locking nuts, there was no sign of any locking nuts when I realised what had happened, I'm going to go with nylock nuts and a dab of loctite when it goes back together.

Thanks for the complement, no distortion - arm was firmly clamped in position before welding, only a bit of powder coating damage from the heat.

Hi, happened to me but I felt slight dragging and found two bolts just starting to hit the swing arm. Took all bolts out and lock tighten them, luckily no repairs needed

Cheers Taff

Same here felt a slight dragging after an off, a couple of us looked at it and put it down to the brake disc being slightly warped. Carried on riding until the dragging became very bad, had another look and noticed aluminium shavings on swinging arm.