Engine Oil Vent 4Rt Modification

massimo s

Hello to all,
I would like to simplify the oil breather tube system of my Montesa 4rt.
There is currently a pipe from the engine rises towards the headstock and arrives in a white box, from which depart two tubes: one is a drain, and one goes to the throttle body.
I want to delete everything, and bring the engine vent directly down, mounting a small filter to protect against impurities.
It can be done ?
Thank you

post-22408-0-96928500-1458648704_thumb.jpg

Finish the breather under the head stock. 

Put white bottle in the bin

Block the hole going into the air box

Don't think I would take the pipe where you have indicated small filter is good idea.

You can then take the relay of the bracket under the air box and fit it behind the headstock where the white tank came from

• Like 1

Well tnks.

Is there also any function in the original pipes system other than the environmental recovery of oil  ? For example any "lubrification" of the intake system of throttle body, etc...

In other hands: any disadvantage about this modification ?

Tnks

• 2 years later...
On 3/22/2016 at 5:54 PM, jimmyl said:

Not aware of any benefits - all 3 of mine have had this mod - been on 4rt nearly 10yrs.

Hi Jimmy. Do you have a filter on either of the head breather pipe or the transmission breather pipe? I'm currently rebuilding my 2005 4rt and noticed the strage tank is missing and both pipes were just up at the headstock above the radiator.