West Midlands/wyre Forest Trials

italianstallion

Does anyone know the reason for decline of trials in the West Midlands? Growing up in Kidderminster there was always a trial on somewhere, run by Stourbridge, Bewdley, Dudley and a few others. Reading the midland centre regs, there appears to be nothing on whatsoever in the period between xmas and summer. I'm now living in Gloucester so a lot more choice but would still support events back 'home'. What I don't understand is that the boxing day trial run by Bewdley was absolutely packed out so I can't believe there isn't demand...

The reasons for the decline are that firstly certain venues have been lost either to new land owners and people

illegally on the land aswell.As said above people have moved on some clubs ran very efficianlty whilst being supported

by family members whilst little johnny riding.Clubs and entries have dwindled as no new faces have taken up the sport.

When i started riding compepative trials in 1983 there was club,centre and national trials on through out the year and there

wasnt many weekends when there were nothing on.Some clubs could only do events on saturdays as the calender was full.

I think its a sad affair now as most of the riders have to go out of centre to get a ride .

• Like 1

Villiersprodigy from an entries dwindling perspective, I was of the same assumption until the boxing day trial at brownwesthead Park... There must have been 100 riders. I personally think that the folk are still there and tend to agree more with the running of the club/people moving on etc etc. Such a shame as I remember some of the trials as being great, notably the old mine at Kinlet, Hartlebury 2 day, Howards Wood and various up on Clee Hill ?