Royal Enfield Project ?

Prototype

Hi Guys 

Picked up the 1957 Royal Enfield Clipper frame & Bullet incomplete engine for long term Trials project from auto jumble.

I know guys are using crusader frame and bullet engine .. not sure about clipper . surely it is lighter frame. 

Question .. does the frame need lot of modification. does it worth doing it. 

Regards

post-21023-0-31768500-1459158884_thumb.jpg

post-21023-0-33427200-1459159283_thumb.jpg

Edited by bsa4life

//hi you have a good basis there if you can find a wide ratio box or set of internals the rest of the bits including alloy barrels are readily available new from india you can probably get all the other engine/ transmisson parts including nice alloy cases for less than £300, fitting the motor unit to the frame is not a major problem, i have done that conversion a few times ,with a fully set up workshop the basic job can be finished in a day , what takes the time is all the other jobs t make a competetive bike ,so if you have the skills (or a large wallet ) and the time you can be out on a competetive  proper classic british trials bike for no more than £2000, i will now wait for the howls of protest from folk who think that you need to spend a fortune  will. 

• Like 1

Hi Aawil   .I agree to your pattern of thinking..i was thinking the same way to get most of the parts from india ..

keep it running then slowly make it competitive as time and money permits.  Thanks for your advise. appreciated.