My New ( To Me ) Model 27

manndolins

Having just looked at the Standing Regs and Sporting Code it seems you are correct Stuart. The only reference I can see is that motocross footrest ends have to be rounded.

However, I'm old enough to remember when the rule came in and would find it somewhat bizarre if such an obvious injury prevention measure had been withdrawn.

Can anyone with ACU connections comment further?

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Well, about four years later....finally started working on the M27..had the frame powder coated..been busy painting some bits and pieces and home zinc plating others ...still planning on a rider resto.. here's what it has looked like for last few years..

bucket o taco.jpg

engine.jpg

wheels o taco.jpg

frame.jpg

6 hours ago, manndolins said:

Not sure what to do about shocks...they came apart easy enough..but can't find seals anywhere and they were shot..thought about trying the OZO pro shocks anyone tried those?

post-22470-0-17755100-1461035764.jpeg

20200413_145730.jpg

Finding good modern day shocks to fit older Twin Shocks is always a problem due to chain and chain guard rubbing issues because they weren't upside down back then, I believe the OZO shock can be run either way but you would still need to check that the clearance is adequate, InMotion who sells these in the UK would set you straight I believe.  

• 10 months later...

Well, some months later....I’ve finally got the 27 up and running..it was a fun journey..but I’m afraid my riding days are about done.. so I’m thinking of letting it go..where is best place to advertise something like this? 

051F8E77-9654-4F13-B77B-F4BA9D0BB07B.jpeg

1FADA622-CDCB-4ED1-9E2F-76D20EBD1382.jpeg

5696C2D0-DBE7-46BC-A790-C35AD18F5F15.jpeg

• Like 1