Swm 4 Stroke

swm

You need to tell a bit more about your work and choice of engine, also the weight of the finished bike (if I remember it right, the old Rotax four stroke singles are a bit on the heavy side). A bit more detailed pics of the work done to the frame would also be interesting. How does it run, compared to a well sorted 276 cc twostroke?

I had a ride on this bike in Italy in 2013. It is a home built 4T conversion using an SWM 2T motor as a donor. It was really well sorted and looked like it came straight out of a factory. Even made an internal oil pump. Anyway, I'd best let the owner tell you about it all.

The motor felt very responsive with good low end urge, more so than a Montesa 4RT for example and was mechanically quiet. I thought it was an excellent piece of engineering, a proper job.

Bye, Peter B.

Hi to all, I forgot that already prepared a little description for another web-site, here's to all;

SWATTRO 315

The project started in the far 1999, when already defined the bore and stroke of modified engine,  talking to the friend Angelo ‘Mick’ Pensini I confided my purposes, he told me: ‘….stop!, I provide you the bike for this purpose….’ and him provide me a Cota 315R factory….from this work arisen three bikes, the first with modified frame in the 2001, the second with minimal frame modifications in the 2002, both bikes tested on italian motocross magazine and on phototrial in the 2003(* Cota 315 4 stroke); the third bike with fuel injection was born in the 2006….but this is another story….

After what described above and other projects after (professional and trials….) imposed a stop on the shopfloor bench of this engine up to 2012 when started the first merry-up of the engine on the SWM frame not modified that allow me the first test of the engine with good results but the original frame doesn’t allow the easy tuning of the engine, therefore I modified three frames for better handling of the engine accessory (i.e. carburettor….).

The first frame is on the photos, and the second and third have other minimal differences.

The engine development was all 2013 long, reaching in the autumn good performances, therefore I asked for the test the driver ‘simbol’ of  SWM: Danilo Galeazzi.

The first test was in january 2014 with good results, after that the first competition test was Crodo 2014, Danilo was third of its category behind  two driver with modern bikes….

But now little engine description:

engine based on : SWM 350 TL (Jumbo engine…)

cylinder: by solid piece, special pig-iron liner, specification produced special piston

head: based on Kawasaki engine

displacement: 315.3 cc (78x66)

ignition: based on Honda engine ignition with programmable digital CDI

carburettor: Dell’Orto PHBL27 (26 oval to 27)

The sequence of the photos is:

Danilo Galeazzi in the winter test 2014

Danilo Galeazzi in the spring test 2014

Danilo Galeazzi at Crodo 2014 competition

Cota 315 4 stroke

Obviously, further comments are appreciated; regards.

SWM

post-22464-0-36843600-1461236470_thumb.jpg

post-22464-0-88927500-1461236701_thumb.jpg

post-22464-0-02613400-1461236720_thumb.jpg

post-22464-0-74754800-1461236735_thumb.jpg

Edited by swm
  • Like 1

I'm sure I have also seen a Ducati 4t transplanted into a swm ?

Hi b40rt, I have seen swm trials with moto guzzi stornello engine and honda xl200 engine but never ducati engine, there are some photos?

Superb work Marco  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

I think some of the Trials Central guys would be interested in your SWM mono, have you still got it ?

Best regards

Martin

Hi Martin thank you for your opinion, yes I still got the swm mono; I'll post it asap.

Best regards.

Marco

Hi, I try to explain the reasons of the very long exaust pipe:

-I want use the genuine silencer

-I must use a '80 carburettor (and not a injection....)

-I want a excellent range of RPM (the engine runs well up to 12000....wide cam axle....low bottom end torque)

-I want a high bottom end torque by very long (and little diameter....) exaust pipe

I tested the engine whith absorbion silencer but the loud is like a CRF....

here you are the absorbion silencer version.

thank you for your opinion, regards.

post-22464-0-88949000-1461301290_thumb.jpg

Edited by swm
  • Like 2