Raga's Team + Preparing His Factory Trs One Motorcycle.

gasgas249uk

I recently spent 4 days with the TRS team before and during the Spanish World Trial at Cal Rosal. It was a bit ironic as i was trundling around after latest bikes on on my 1988 Merlin ,  which was a a bit worrying on the downhills.

The whole weekend gave me quite an interesting insight into the way the teams operate , the dynamics , servicing schedules and top rider approaches to their work. 

I was quite surprised .Ive put it down here on my hobby web.

http://www.retrotrials.com/the-inside-story---ragas-team--preparing-the-factory-trs-motorcycle-of-adam-raga.html

IMG_6671g_zpsjqa6eimq.jpg

20160408_123929_zpsup8yfcan.jpg

• Like 9

but the Merlin is classy .... !

Yes its the nuts mutz. On day one the rear caliper came loose and flapping around in the 3 spoke wheels broke . Luckily i found the caliper on lap 3 , but in the meantime had to ride the 10 severe course with no rear brake - OUCH. There was one particular downhill where i could only stop by running into trees or race crashing bad !! 

Thanks for the great article. Do you know if Pol runs a keihin or dellorto carb?

Pol runs a Keihin with an enlarged float bowl. Apparently the extra space in the float bowl is only needed for large splats and jumps offs.....or perhaps he's just copying Adam.

There are a lot of mind games going on and riders insisting in miniscule changes to there bikes such as filing the circumference of the bars down by .02mm  (as the mechanic whispers - its just in his head - lol) - but trials as well as other motorsports needs the head to be in the right place.

• Like 3

Yes its the nuts mutz. On day one the rear caliper came loose and flapping around in the 3 spoke wheels broke . Luckily i found the caliper on lap 3 , but in the meantime had to ride the 10 severe course with no rear brake - OUCH. There was one particular downhill where i could only stop by running into trees or race crashing bad !! 

Pol runs a Keihin with an enlarged float bowl. Apparently the extra space in the float bowl is only needed for large splats and jumps offs.....or perhaps he's just copying Adam.

There are a lot of mind games going on and riders insisting in miniscule changes to there bikes such as filing the circumference of the bars down by .02mm  (as the mechanic whispers - its just in his head - lol) - but trials as well as other motorsports needs the head to be in the right place.

Raga has always been this way.

Raga has had the enlarged float bowl for probably 8 years developed with his time at Gas gas in the extreme/exceptional conditions of wtc,

• Like 1

New style sherco and scorpa is the same. Can't understand why they haven't used a fitting similar to Beta so you can top it up in place.

Im sure you would be able to top it up in place if you had a bendy nozzle on the bottle . There's space 

The one thing I wasn't thrilled with on the TRS is the Delorto. A couple times the demo bike was hard to start and it seemed a carb issue to me. Interesting Pol is using the Keihin.

Agree, there seemed to be starting problems on 300, once it started it ran fine. I wondered if it was the ignition system struggling to generate sufficient electricity at low starting RPM to fire the twin sparks. Until I see the stator and see how the twin spark works I can't be sure if it will lack energy at very low RPM. Once the engine is running and the mixture contains ionised particles from previous combustion, lower spark energy is generally not an issue.