2015 250 Jetting And Throttle

barryb1973

its fine at 2nd 3rd gear sections you dont notice it, its on long inclines that its most noticable,i wasnt going to jump in and buy head and insert straight of without trying like you say the cheaper option,first im going to try super unleaded see if that helps ive ordered some boyesen reeds maybe up one on pilot ,not sure what settings are at moment going to have look one night this week, think its standard

Edited by barryb1973

My bike stumbled, knocked, pinged and stuttered in the just off idle - 1/4 throttle range.  Going to a #3 slide cured most of it.  However there is still a small throttle range right near 1/4 throttle that was still giving me fits.  No matter how rich I went, I couldn't cure it.  I just checked my squish yesterday and it's at 0.7mm which I believe is the issue.  I've got some base gaskets on order and will correct that.

If your squish is correct, which it should be if you are the original owner and have never changed the base gasket, the #3 slide will probably cure your problem assuming your issue is in the idle - 1/4 throttle range.  

Edited by doc_d
  • Like 1

fitted the no3 slide seems to have stopped knocking but now seems to surge and pop on over run more than it did which normally happens when lean but plug looks as if a little rich so ive ordered a 45 pilot (standard) as it has 48 at present fingers crossed it will be sorted

fitted the no3 slide seems to have stopped knocking but now seems to surge and pop on over run more than it did which normally happens when lean but plug looks as if a little rich so ive ordered a 45 pilot (standard) as it has 48 at present fingers crossed it will be sorted

:chairfall:

Where is your air screw at?  At about 900 feet above sea level and 65 degree F with a #48 pilot and #3 slide I ran my air screw at 1.5 turns out.  I did an event last weekend with those settings on a fresh plug.  I pulled the plug after the event and it looked perfect.

I'm sure you know but as Nigel mentioned it's an air-screw.  So in is richer out is leaner.

Edited by doc_d