Can You Help With This Ryobi Strimmer Problem ?

gasgas249uk

I'm not member of any gardening forums so here goes.

I have a Ryobi petrol Strimmer which you can attach mini chain saws to etc.

I laid it up in autumn with fuel in tank. Now it starts but only runs on choke. When choke comes off out dies like fuel starvation.

There are no obvious leaks , petrol looks and smells good.Both pipes running to and from the tank look good. Was working perfectly before laid up.

I took the carb apart and cleaned it and resealed it with gasket sealer, but didn't pull the diaphragm off. It still runs the same.

It's probably a common problem. Have you experience with this and any ideas on what is likely to be causing this problem ?

Any advice is appreciated.

Will probably need a carb kit before it will run properly.My Mums strimmer wouldn't even fire on last years fuel.

My strimmer,(Which never starts well) fired up after 4 pulls and my old Briggs and Wreckem 3.5hp mower fired up first pull when dragged out of the workshop last week after being left all winter with last years fuel. The difference is I run them on Aspen - all of them,no problems  - at all...

• Like 1

So I'm thinking ... as it only runs on choke , maybe the normal fuel circuit is partially blocked . Maybe this is where the problem lies and the fuel jet is partially blocked. I'll have to peel off the diaphragm to clean it..gulp

Edited by gasgas249uk