My Wife Found This For Me.....

spen

I will send this over to Charles Coutard so he can include it in his entry pack for next years Pre  65 Scottish, unless I am mistaken, this looks remarkably like his bike that seemed to trouble the scrutineers this year...

• Like 1

I will send this over to Charles Coutard so he can include it in his entry pack for next years Pre 65 Scottish, unless I am mistaken, this looks remarkably like his bike that seemed to trouble the scrutineers this year...

Tell us more...... Here's mine...

post-22251-0-75215100-1462364165_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

To be honest, I would leave it to others to clarify why, certainly I am sure the Laird from his time in France remembers Claude Coutard riding a Greeves of similar standing. Charles rides his fathers bike, very original, or so it seems to me,  being no expert . I understand and willing to be corrected, there was some issue with it and his entry got knocked back.  Perhaps others know more, this was gleaned on the Classic French trials grapevine where his supporters were a little mifted.

Claude's bike was as far as you could see, absolutely bog standard - but he was a very talented rider, even before on a Motobecane home brew he was still one of the men to watch.  Natural talent will win over bike specification every day of the week............

In those days, folding footrests were not usual.

The real genius on the Greeves during my stint in France was Christian Rayer.

Edited by laird387