My First Trial Back In 25 Years

keithm

Finally completed first trial back on the bike after 25 years last Sunday and am only now clear of aching thighs (thumbs stopped hurting on Tuesday!).

Weather was perfect (dry, cool and sunny), course was compact (so my old man could walk round with me as he used to a quarter century ago) and the bike nearly survived intact.

Scary thing was seeing all the school boys who used to ride with their dads and me a way back now there as 30 something year olds and they all remembered me....!

Of course they now ride me into a corner but hey ho, I'm there to have fun (just now).

Bike lost a rear mudguard mounting nut, the rear shock absorber bump stop doughnut disintegrated (age) and the dust cover came off, throttle action was a bit snappy and the carburetor needs adjusting as the bike coughed and ran out of puff under WOT (main jet or float I'm thinking) but it idled sweetly.

Replacement mounting nuts ordered and shock sent away to fix dust cover and for new doughnut

Also noticed rear wheel bottoming out so must loose more weight!!!

Next competition is at the back of my folks old farm on 22nd May so I'll try and make that one as well.

Thanks to all at BAMCC for setting it out and forcing encouraging me to go :thumbup:

And also to the old man for encouragement and support.

post-12935-0-52914300-1461914446_thumb.jpg

post-12935-0-07203700-1461914507_thumb.jpg

• Like 1