Mar Front Wheel!

basketcase

I've just re assembled the front wheel and put it back on my bike. Is it me or does everything seem a pain to do on this bike!! I ended up having to slacken off both fork clamps and move the stanchions upwards just to align the brake plate, admittedly I haven't yet fitted the rear wheel. Then I struggled to fit the spacer and speedo drive, there didn't seem enough room. I've given up for today, maybe a couple of pints and some sleep will help!!

When first building the forks and wheel I find it better to fit the wheel before the mudguard stay then adjust the fit of that to the mounting holes on the fork legs this way there should be no misalignment which could restrict the smooth operation of the forks.

Edited by trialsrfun

Now I'm having fun with the back wheel! Typical Ossa, bent spindle. Is there anywhere I can buy a stronger one from? When I stripped the bike over 2 years ago it was a pig to remove, I had to drift it out but thought that it was just age that caused it.

Steve Sell Marlimar OSSA makes a really strong spindle from stainless steel which will not bend, also a sprocket carrier which uses modern Beta/Gasgas 4 bolt sprockets. Drifting the spindle out wrecks the fit of the hub bearings.

I've replaced the bearings on both the front and rear,and the spokes, and the tubes and tyres, brake shoes.......I tried Steve Sell before but he never replied, looks like I'll have to try again. Cheers.

Steve's Ossa business is part time, not his day job, but he will reply to phone calls when able as long as you don't block your number. He doesn't, as don't many of us, answer if a number is blocked.