2015 Gas Gas Clutch Troubles

jml

Hey all, 

Recently picked up a second hand 2015 Gas Gas TXT Pro Racing 125 and I'm struggling with some clutch issues on the machine. 

Symptoms:

• With the bike off (or on) holding the clutch lever into the bar it will roll freely at first but slowly after a few seconds with the clutch still held in start to engage (almost as if something is leaking down)
  • With the bike "on" holding the clutch lever into the bar, releasing the lever, even a tiny amount instantly engages the clutch and stalls the bike

This all begun after I changed the clutch master cylinder, the original one was leaking near the lever for no reason, even after a seal kit the lever persisted to leak. An entire, brand new master cylinder has been installed, bled and new seals have been installed on the slave cylinder for good measure. 

I've got a sneaking feeling that the clutch is leaking into the gearbox, either fluid is getting past the slave cylinder or possibly it might be a long shot... the clutch case is cracked and leaking internally. Possibly some fatigue or casting mistake. 

Extra note: I've just had another look at the new lever and it seems to also be leaking a bit around the cir-clip? Could is possibly be back pressure? 

It's the first time I've ever installed a brand new M/C, I should have pulled apart the piston and lubed it up. Instead I just filled it with oil and tried to bleed it. Lesson definitely learnt. 

• 2 weeks later...

Still got some problems, just wondering if anyone has run across this before? To me it sounds like a bad batch of seals? (I've also posted this on advrider)

I've recently bought a 2015 Gas Gas that had a leaking Clutch M/Cyl (leaking from the low pressure seal) on replacing the seals the problem persisted. After replacing the M/Cyl twice now with 2014-2015 batch items, the problem still persists. After about 50 pumps of the clutch it's weeping out of the low pressure seal. The lever action is smooth and easy and the M/Cyl is not being overfilled. It's absolutely baffling

Edit: Problem can only be fixed by running an AJP seal kit

Edit 2: Does anyone know if the baggies with the paper stapled onto them are the latest batches? Like so: http://trialstribulations.net/images/products/braktecFFbrakerkit._1024x768.jpg

All my kits have come in bags with printed labels stuck onto the front and have a very sharp low pressure seal lip, the ones listed on other sites seem to differ in shape.

Edited by jml