Montesa 315R Dougie Lampkin Replica

16cs ajs

Rear wheel / brake caliper out of an older model bike, not 01. Looking at the swing arm stickers I'd say the bike is actually a 2000 year model bike. One of the pictures shows the tank from an 02. The rear exhaust looks bodged.

I'd agree that it's a 2000 model, same as mine, with the coloured fork coating and the older style rear caliper. My one has red mudguards and the black carbon fibre effect tank (no Dougie replica stickers though!) I still don't believe anyone will pay over £2k for it :wacko:

I've noticed that the Montesa seems to hold its value much more than other bikes from the same period. I was looking to get one for a sidecar but when you can get a much newer bike for the same money they aren't worth it. Not from a straight financial point of view.

Got to admit I find the perceived value of certain second hand trials bikes really quite strange.

As per my original post in this thread, I've been trying to determine the year of manufacture, of this particular Dougie Lampkin replica. The current owner thinks it's an 03, but he's not sure & it's not registered. The frame number is A02E308445. Any ideas, guidance much appreciated chaps. The trials dealer RAS have similiar models for sale, so a visit there may well be informative. Mike.

As per my original post in this thread, I've been trying to determine the year of manufacture, of this particular Dougie Lampkin replica. The current owner thinks it's an 03, but he's not sure and it's not registered. The frame number is A02E308445. Any ideas, guidance much appreciated chaps. The trials dealer RAS have similiar models for sale, so a visit there may well be informative. Mike.

read perces answer above?

• 2 weeks later...

My 315r is in better shape than the one posted on ebay it was used as a pit bike still has original rear tire super clean . the fellow i bought it from put a seat on it so he could ride it. Hes an instructor for auto racing so he used it to different pits.