Any Rumors/info 2017 4Rt's ?

markg

I would hope for the 300 engine in the Repsol edition. Most 4RT owners and dealers I have spoken to would like to see the same.

Time will tell.

I find it interesting that in 2016 the USA only had the standard and 300RR versions available. ??

Edited by markg

Showa shock, billet hubs, did rims and a few anodised red bits and that's about it. Don't get me wrong I think the 300rr is the best bike on the market but the uk price doesn't really justified it IMO. A standard model or a repsol with a 300 would probably sell well if the price was reasonable.

Crankcases modified ?

Well Nigel, every trial I go to locally there is someone else with a new 4RT. I have seen two new Betas this year (which is the make I would have expected to see as the best seller), heard of two new Scorpas and seen one new Sherco.

Dealer reported figures are well beyond anything I can see at trials for other marques. They're not cheap so something must be attractive about them.

Could it just be the Central Belt of Scotland?

OOoooh so every local trial in central scotland has one or two new ones so its outselling every other make in the uk?

Of course it is.

• 4 weeks later...

Montesa are calling 300RR 2016/2017 model so it  might be a long delay on any new 4RT260's. Didn't they start building 2016 models in July last year. But 300cc on the Repsol and 260 on 4RT standard and cheapen the standard up a bit more and i wouldn't complain.

Montesa has had a of a reputation for not changing their bikes much or at  all from model to model but come on the last few years they are getting their act together. Honda might be flush with money but anyone who has worked in a subsidiary of a large company knows how had it is to get some of that money their way.  Maybe Honda have finally loosened the purse strings to let them do something eg. 4Ride.

All companies will have to make changes on their bikes for Euro 4 homologations which is obligatory for new bikes in 2017....

The 4ride will get a 2cm higher seat to homologate it as an "offroad motorbike "

The 4RT can be homologated as a "Trials motorbike" , perhaps we will see the larger 4ride silencer even on the 4RT ?

maybe all 4RT gets the same engine to make only one new homologation, that will be the chance for 300cc for everyone...

I think there will be no major changes for 2017, new decals, maybe a 4ride with 300cc engine ? 

• 3 weeks later...