Any Randonne Owners Out There?

dean_dabs

Looking to share info,especially info re engine replacement parts. I've geared my recently purchased 200 10/48. I'm to replace the stock mt43 tires with genuine IRC trials tires & going to a taller set of handlebars.

Dean

Old hickory, Tennessee

USA

Running the front pipe that DOESN'T have the muffler box in it helps. Not sure how your are configured state side, but due to government noise restrictions ours have to come with the quieter exhaust, but dumping that and running the straight through header works well. Good little bike.

Got one of the few 200's that made it to the UK (6 I was told). Just use it for pottering about on, but it is a capable bike in the right hands. I ditched the 13t engine sprocket and replaced it with a 9t one - top speed is now about 45mph but its more tractable on rougher stuff.

S3 make a titanium front pipe that does away with the muffler - it's not cheap though! 

UK importer is John Shirt Jr., they do a good mail order service and are at www.trialendurodirect.com,

www.trialsuk.co.uk are also very good.

As for tyres, I'd like another set of wheels, one for trail tyres and one for trials tyres (Michelin X1).