Newbie From Hertfordshire. Going From Moto To Trials

gavind101

Hi all,

I've just joined the group as i am seriously thinking of getting into Trials. I ride a lot of motocross mainly practice days but a bit of racing sometimes. I really fancy a change and have wanted to do trials for some time. 

Anyone on here from Berkhamsted? Which is where i am based. I know there a local track near me which would be handy to ride to. Also my mother has a large place in Devon which would be ideal for take a bike to, plus all the Greenlanes around there.  

Question, are practice like MX tracks, you just turn up, pay your money and ride? Or do you have to have someone you know with you when you go to a practice event? 

Many thanks

Gavin

As far as im aware , you just turn up and pay the money.

Im new to the game also, not been out on the Beamish yet as i dont have a trailer.

But i have found a practice ground in Matlock for £10 a day.

When you get sorted get over to one of OTF's Peak Classic events, they are on at the end of every month and are all located around the Matlock area

• Like 1

When you get sorted get over to one of OTF's Peak Classic events, they are on at the end of every month and are all located around the Matlock area

Im off to one sunday for a look see, at Carsons Farm, Grange Mill, Matlock

Still havent found a trailer yet, also need a tow bar for the car.

Bike is now ready to go and also have the gear to wear

It was nice to meet you too Andy, good to put a face to a name, hope you get your transport sorted soon, its a bit lonely being the only beamish in a sea of Ty's, it was a good trial and had enough time at the end for a play on the harder routes I think its time to move up a class or two

• Like 1

It was nice to meet you too Andy, good to put a face to a name, hope you get your transport sorted soon, its a bit lonely being the only beamish in a sea of Ty's, it was a good trial and had enough time at the end for a play on the harder routes I think its time to move up a class or two

lol yeah, it did surprise me just how many TY's there was lol.

your bike lol

this bike was really well turned out, did you get chance to look at it, he had some bits he had handmade himself, very trick bike

post-22624-0-87616700-1464549104_thumb.jpg

Edited by shakennstirred
  • Like 1

Hi Gavin - I am in Aldbury (3 miles from Berko). Attempting to resurrect trials this year after a 12 year break on too many other things. Bought a new bike back in December but have only ridden it on some local trails (I am road registered - 4RT which isn't too shabby on the road). I used to be a member of Berko and HUX. I've rejoined HUX as they have a decent practice ground by Denham Aerodrome - go on their website - I think the sessions are every 2nd & 4th Sunday from 10am. Not been up for 12 years but will finally get up there on the 2nd Sunday of June for a blast and then try and do a couple of trials a month between everything else. Not sure if there are PM's on this site but shout if any q's. Cheers. Rob

Hi Rob,

I know Aldbury well, few friends used to live that and i pass that way when i am going up to Aston Hill. That is the appeal for me, having a road registered bike where i can ride some local Green lanes in the evening. I've got a trial session at Berko at the end of the month, to see if it's what i really want to do and then if thats the case there will be an MX bike up for sale. 

Do you have a link to the Hux club? 

Cheers

Gav