Evo 200 Fuel / Oil Ratio? Exhaust All 'gunked' Up...

danyorks

Probably been asked a thousand times... What 2 stroke ratio do you all recommend on my 2010 Evo 200?

I've just got the bike in great condition with no issues other than the exhaust is clogged with the black gunk... The guy was using a 60:1 ratio which I personally think is a little rich and could have caused the exhaust to gunk up

So... Question 1.    What ratio?

Question 2.    Best way to clean the exhaust?

All trials bikes will oil up the exhaust pretty well. Generally, people mix 80:1 as standard and ignore the manufacturer specs (GasGas manuals say 50:1, Beta says 66:1). I mix 80:1 on my GG and, as is typical, there's plenty of oil making its way out the exhaust tip.

As for cleaning, just re-pack. Or, find a long runway and do a half dozen full throttle runs in 6th gear ;)

Edited by heffergm

All trials bikes will oil up the exhaust pretty well. Generally, people mix 80:1 as standard and ignore the manufacturer specs (GasGas manuals say 50:1, Beta says 66:1). I mix 80:1 on my GG and, as is typical, there's plenty of oil making its way out the exhaust tip.

As for cleaning, just re-pack. Or, find a long runway and do a half dozen full throttle runs in 6th gear ;)

I believe it is only possible to repack the end chamber - there isn't access to the mid chamber with the wire wool packing. I've heard that filling it with petrol and giving it a good swish around helps to clear it out too... Obviously leave it over night to evaporate before putting the can back on the bike.

"I would have a look back over all the previous times this issues has been raised.

I was under the impression that the sport of motorcycles trials was about reliability, not stopping and not putting your feet down. Now the number of posters suggesting ever less amounts of oil in the fuel makes me wonder if we should have a separate branch of the sport, the aim of which is to see who can run the least oil in fuel ratio before the bike seizes."

The above was posted some time ago. I run 50cc oil per liter fuel for MX and 30cc oil per liter fuel for Trials. Never have a problem with oiling up or exhaust clogging. If your bike has the problems you describe at manufacturers ration there is something wrong, probably carburation too rich

80.1 is the standard now for sure.

On my Montesa 315 which I ride excusively in extreme type endures, I run 80.1 as recommended by Honda in my owners manual. Of course in enduro competition a bike is ridden at much greater sustained throttle openings.

After 9 years of this use I have had the top end apart for a look and everything looks like new. Run around 15 enduros a year, also lots of trail riding on this bike.

I do ride trials but on other motorcycles.