One For The Lads.

trial bike

Evening all.

I didn't know whether to post this in the general chat or the Trials Gear room.

Figured it wasn't really trials gear after all.

Do you any of you geezers ride with a box to protect the crown jewels?

I've never thought about it before tonight.

Think about it.

Knees apart, 70kg mallet between the legs.

I'm still lousy when it comes to lifting the rear wheel, thought I'd try practising bunny hops tonight, see if it helped or not.

I don't really know what happened or where I went wrong, but...

I used a little knee bend & throttle to pop the front up and leapt up, pushing forward to push the front down hoping the back would lift and....

WALLOP.

I don't think I have ever been hit so square on and hard in that zone before.

Let go of the bike and lay on the floor for a few minutes before feeling if they were still round.

Still painful now, an hour later.

I hope it was a one off, freak accident.

No idea if I hit the tank, airbox or mudguard.

Stopped me riding though...reactions to anything are far too slow now.

I can't say I am a geezer but at almost 40 I have thought about this kind of incident myself.

Almost did a number on the zone a few months back for the first time in 3 years of riding trials and after a second near miss soon after its likely to be something I pick up soon.

I may or may not be a geezer at 43.

I have been part of that wonderful institution known as marriage for 23 yrs.  So that means I don't need to worry about impacts to that zone, due to the bits that would be injured are stored in my wife's purse............  :facepalm:

• Like 1

I may or may not be a geezer at 43.

I have been part of that wonderful institution known as marriage for 23 yrs.  So that means I don't need to worry about impacts to that zone, due to the bits that would be injured are stored in my wife's purse............  :facepalm:

Propa geezer at 63, been into trials for a whole 3 months, also no need to worry about bits as have been wed for 39 years today.

Wife is on holiday in Spain with her mates.....no problem with my `bits` creating any excess baggage problems :closedeyes:

• Like 1

Propa geezer at 63, been into trials for a whole 3 months, also no need to worry about bits as have been wed for 39 years today.

Wife is on holiday in Spain with her mates.....no problem with my `bits` creating any excess baggage problems :closedeyes:

You have my congratulations and condolences for being married 39 yrs.

• Like 1