Anyone Had Issues With Their Vertigo

jj46

We had to switch to a 4 Plug as the 6 gave us the problem you described. If all else fails Vertigo can put the latest map on the EFI and that does fix it. As for Battery it did need charging about two months ago but has run OK since. I have a Maplins "Hybrid" rechargeable ready just in case.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-hybrid-rechargeable-200mah-9v-battery-1-pack-n92gk

• 4 years later...

2 hours ago, Trials124 said:

Brill bikes .

Defiantly an issue with sooting of plugs .

Put a no 4 in and it’s black in an hour or so ? 
Then conks after 4to 5 hrs when practicing.

Vertigo R 250 

any ideas anybody?? 

Someone I know has one and has said they are very sensitive on the fuel mixture.  It has to be 30 ml of oil to 5 litres of Standard unleaded petrol (Rock Oil Strawberry Trial 2 scented synthetic pre-mix 2 stroke) *Taken from the Vertigo website*

This is true , I put 100 mlt into 20 ltr fully synthetic oil .

im going to experiment with the map , I reckon if I advance the ignition slightly it

will raise the temp of the plug and maybe keep it cleaner / hotter 

problem is , I really like how it runs and don’t want to change it !

It grips and does everything it should in the trial.

just need a spare plug with you ! 

I had a similar issue, but the bike was used (2020 Vertical 250), so I was unsure of the mapping; ran rough as well.

I bought the Wificom device, tracked down the factory map (from helpful people here) then adjusted to suit which was just tweaking the lower ranges of throttle position and rpm to ensure proper running. By my feeling, the previous owner had run the bike too rich on the bottom, but the factory map kind of felt too lean given the plug colour and the fan being on  98% of the time during a ride when the ambient air was 20ish degrees C.

I added a bit of fuel to the bottom as noted above, did nothing to the ignition curve, and it runs very well now. I also set up the second map for high altitude given that our riding areas locally range form 100 feet above sea level to 6000 feet. I have yet to try it above 3000 feet as the snow is still quite low here.

spencer

5 hours ago, spenser said:

I had a similar issue, but the bike was used (2020 Vertical 250), so I was unsure of the mapping; ran rough as well.

I bought the Wificom device, tracked down the factory map (from helpful people here) then adjusted to suit which was just tweaking the lower ranges of throttle position and rpm to ensure proper running. By my feeling, the previous owner had run the bike too rich on the bottom, but the factory map kind of felt too lean given the plug colour and the fan being on  98% of the time during a ride when the ambient air was 20ish degrees C.

I added a bit of fuel to the bottom as noted above, did nothing to the ignition curve, and it runs very well now. I also set up the second map for high altitude given that our riding areas locally range form 100 feet above sea level to 6000 feet. I have yet to try it above 3000 feet as the snow is still quite low here.

spencer

That’s interesting, thanks , where did you get the map from did you say ? 

1 minute ago, Trials124 said:

5 hours ago, spenser said:

spencer

Did you turn the idle up on the stop adjuster behind the exhaust ? 

• 4 weeks later...

There is a problem with fouling plugs. Some vertigo riders are not having this issue. But my bike is fouling the plug every few hours. The bike runs good then won't start. New plug and it fires up on first kick. I don't think that changing the spark plug every couple of hours is a good solution.

Edited by KmK
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, KmK said:

There is a problem with fouling plugs. Some vertigo riders are not having this issue. But my bike is fouling the plug every few hours. The bike runs good then won't start. New plug and it fires up on first kick. I don't think that changing the spark plug every couple of hours is a good solution.

what plug do you use?

12 hours ago, KmK said:

BPMR6A (NGK)

if you use the BPMR6A it is right and if you use the mixture with the right percentage with the correct oil. If it gives you problems, try a BPMR4A, if you don't solve it unfortunately you have to let it do a diagnostic

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 1:27 PM, Trials124 said:

My apologies for the late reply. Found the map in this forum under a thread that was set up to share Vertigo maps.