Anyone Had Issues With Their Vertigo

jj46

Took my Combat out today - it ran faultlessly for 2 hours and then intermittently coughed and popped and generally ran poorly before clearing itself. This happened about 5 times and  It remained a bit hit and miss for the rest of the day. Having got it home and washed it off it ran for a minute before dying and now wont start. Is there a way to reset them and has anyone else had any teething problems?

As above, they can depending on how they are used foul a plug quite easily. Also a spare 9v battery in the airbox is handy and again as previous advice check the thin wires going into the battery cap, I had to solder mine eventually.

I take when you tried to start it post wash you still had the pilot light to show the ecu was awake and the pump was energised?

Edited by the dabster

Thank for the replies - the ecu was energized and the led was illuminated. I think it may well be the plug so i'll replace it today and see what happens?

Compared to the Sherco:

Negatives first - the clutch seems heavier and the Sherco does start when I kick it over! Also the rear tyre has deflated a coupe of times. 

Positives - suspension, throttle response, build quality, feeling of solidness, grip - very impressed so far!

Hi jj46,

I had the exact same thing happen to me, mine was brand new ran perfect for a couple of hours then coughed and popped as you described, I had ran the bike in map 3 all the time, it cleared when I changed maps and was ok the rest of the ride (another hour or so) I had the same issue i washed the bike, then started it again it ran briefly then died and wouldn't start. I fitted a new plug as advised by vertigo who were very very helpful (perfect aftermarket help, these guys are the best) it's fine now I ran the bike for an hour and washed afterwards again and it's ok, think they can foul the plug easily, mines the ice hell model running the new mapping.

• Like 1

Just to confirm, this is the exact same issue I had to the word, new plug should sort but phone vertigo as well as I did, they are more than helpful and will want to know, also I believe petrol oil ratio may need changing depending on whether you are running new maps or old, take there advise on that though before changing anything other than the plug. Your local garden machine store should have the correct plug as they are the same as some chainsaws, strimmers etc.

As I said I changed my plug and ran for a good hour and it was perfect, got a trial this Sunday coming so will see how it goes.

• Like 1

Cheers Iggy, how are you finding the ice hell ? - is it as good as it looks?  I spoke to Nick at Vertigo today and as you say he is more than helpful and seemed genuinely interested.  Anyway after our chat a new plug was purchased and fitted and normal service has resumed.

Edited by jj46

Great news, hopefully that's the issue sorted then.

The Ice Hell I've had for 2 weeks today and have done one trial and probably a couple of hours elsewhere. So far I'm very pleased I thought it would take much getting use to having had mostly Betas over the last 10 years but I seemed to do pretty well on it on my first ride.

Build quality is superb, everything has been well thought out, the maps I do find make a massive difference and can see that I will be using these rather than sticking to leaving it in default map 1.

As I said not rode it much yet so early days for me but impressed so far.

Vertigo UK after sales service has been spot on, can't be faulted, they are there to help and I'm impressed just as much with the vertigo UK team as much as I am the bike, Nick especially.

Anyone interested should book a test ride for sure.