2013-2015 Crank Bearings

twowheelfanatic

how many of you guys are having crank bearing troubles?my 14 300pro after 100 hours has ate the crank bearing.i change oil after every 4 hours of ride time.i understand that gas gas had problems with a run of bad bearings.and their money problems they just kept using the bearings they had knowing that a certain percentage of them were doomed to fail

Had this happen to me in the past. From memory there is a tiny oil feed hole in the bearing that has to line up with a corresponding hole in the crank case. The bearing can spin in the journal and get out of line thus starving it of oil. I think the fix on mine was to replace the bearings and pop a 'punch' mark on the bearing outer and housing to hold it in place.

Did my 2008 after 300+ hours, and they could have done plenty more I guess (but I had everything loose). With mostly atf.

Probably it depens on riding style, warmup, and a bit of luck aswell.

I would not say its a standard problem. Luckaly they are easy to fix, so fix and ride! BROAP

Edited by crazybond700
  • Like 1

I have an 04 250 pro and it still has the same bearings as when I purchased it 6 years ago (I've never touched the motor), I change the oil every 6 or 7 months! and it still runs as good as the day I purchased it!

do people really change there oil every 4 hours, that means I would be changing mine 15+ times a year !?!?!?!

Edited by monty_jon

A 04 even has got the old style bearings. Newer bikes (05 onwards) have got bearing ''packages''. Bearings and seals inside one unit.

Oil, especially ATF needs regular replacement. How much you do is your own choice, have seen plenty of bikes running much more hours before replacement without any problems.

Edited by crazybond700

• 2 weeks later...

I had to have mine replaced after about 8 hrs riding, under warranty after a huge fight with dealer, case hardening on ball bearings going.

mind you mine is the 2014/15 eco 250

parts bins special so who knows of the origin of some of the parts?

think mine have gone 2015 250 ,havnt had bike long started knocking, with it not having  much use i thought it was more of a fuelling issue sort of pinking so ive altered slide and jetting trying to cure it but didnt really help,now knocking worse and smoking, theirs no play in flywheel so im assuming oil side bearing and seal have gone,does anyone know sizes of bearing and seals that i need