Ossa Misfire

badger360

Thats what i have been thinking the bike won t rev at all but if i disconnect the tps cable to the throttle body the bike mis fires but will rev up after a lot of popping and banging i dont have the lead to plug in so i am just guessing to what the problem is

Yes spoke to Birkett last week and he said it is sounded like the tps connection and said to clean it i bought a new throttle body just incase cleaning it did not work and at least i would have a sprare,fitted the throttle body and it worked great so i thought it was fixed started it today and it started mis firing and sounded lean

There isn't a history of the fuel injector failing on the Ossa, but still is probable.

We have had 2 cases with Ossa's where the ECU terminals at the connector were oxidised/coated/dirty, cleaning with Wurth contact cleaner type OL fixed the problem. The motor had similar symptoms to what you had mentioned earlier. Don't scrape the ECU pins with a screwdriver, as they are gold plated. Also had a difficult to solve problem with sporadic cutting out, traced to a break in one of the wires going into the ECU connector, not easy to find (I didn't sort this one). As a precaution, we use a dielectric grease on all of the harness connectors.

Bye, Peter B.

• Like 1

Why not get the ecu read, this is why the ossa is such a great design, it stores the historic fault codes in a log, which can only be reset by user interaction(or clear log, then go ride..when fault comes in stop and read code/s)...it may not point you to exact cause...but you should be able to work it out..each transducer can be tested on its own BEFORE you go out and make a purchase(i.e. fault guessing,50/50 phone a ...), I think the ossa has been dissed because it were better design than a gg..so market forces/big bro pulled the plug.....real shame. Its interesting that the vertigo  evolved shortly after its demise, i bet a lot of the R&D from the ossa has been inherited to the vertigo in a different wrapper now.I made my own usb data cable to connect to ecu. :D

Made your own Cable:)?.

Schematics please :)

/Christian

• Like 1

Did you check the voltage regulator? Googled it and found the following info:

The regulation functions of a Voltage Regulator unit cannot be easily tested. (We offer testing services on our test bench, where we can accurately diagnose a regulator failure. Please contact us to arrange testing services.) Regulation failures will generally present themselves by over-charging the battery. This may be noticeable by blowing up headlight or taillight bulbs from high voltage, or the battery getting extremely hot, and boiling the acid inside. This can be easily diagnosed with a Digital MultiMeter (DMM).

1: Connect your DMM to the battery terminals, Red DMM lead to the Positive (+) terminal, Black DMM lead to the Negative (-) terminal.
2: Set the DMM to DC Voltage mode, 20V range.
3: Start the engine.
4: Note battery voltage at idle. It should be in the range of 12V - 13VDC at idle.
5: Rev the engine to 4000-5000RPM, and check the DMM reading.
6: The regulator should reach ~14.4 - 14.6VDC.

If the voltage continues increasing with RPM over 15VDC, the regulation function is not operating correctly. The regulation function is not serviceable at all, the Voltage Regulator must be replaced. Regulation functions can be intermittent, and get progressively worse. It can be hard to test and be positive of regulator failure, but this is the easiest and most common way to diagnose this failure.

Edited by tcrhino