Ossa Misfire

badger360

If it is the ECU at fault, you can replace it with another ECU with either the earlier or later firmware. The earlier firmware does not support the easy start system, which is no big drama. The later firmware can be "flashed" into your existing ECU or into an earlier firmware ECU by a company in Spain. I have had this done, installing the later firmware on a 2012 ECU but must say that it took about as long as building Hadrians wall. Minimal cost.

PM me if you would like more info.

Also, not sure if I posted this before, but we did have a problem with an intermittent break in one of the wires going into the ECU, right on the tight angle where the connector clips into place.

Bye, Peter B.

Have you tried new fresh petrol, fuel filter condition and fuel pump pressure?

Take the bike to a local automotive diagnostic technician and ask him to check the HT voltage waveform. Should take less than 5 minutes. Most if not all of the Ossas EFI and ignition components can be easily disconnected and individually tested. If bike was mine I would check all the components one at a time and continuity / resistance (under load) in the wiring harness.

ECUs are solid state and generally very reliable

Check the stability and values of the regulated voltage.

Have you tried to check for a spark at the plug or kicked the bike over with the plug lead disconnected or the plug not earthed? If so this could trash the ecu.

Try phoning round ECU testers / repairers in hope that one can test your ECU.

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...