Sachs Rear Shock Rebuild

glennp

i have a 2011 gg 300 txt pro and the suspension feels like mush. Took it to my local suspension guy and he said the Sachs rear shock is not made to rebuild. Do I need to get a new shock? The bike squats so low now it won't even stay on the kick stand, it tips over.

If you are going to get a new shock, the Sachs shock is great when its new and not a bad price. I have a Reiger shock and love it,The old saying is. What you pay for is what you get,   good luck.    :D 

i have a 2011 gg 300 txt pro and the suspension feels like mush. Took it to my local suspension guy and he said the Sachs rear shock is not made to rebuild. Do I need to get a new shock? The bike squats so low now it won't even stay on the kick stand, it tips over.

Sure it can be rebuilt. You just need to find a suitably talented guy who can do it. There is a guy down south who peels open unrebuildable shocks and can service or rebuild pretty much anything. He doesn't need a bolt or circlip to get it into it.

Non rebuildable shock are actually like mentioned above often servicable. However they are not designed for it, so you need someone with expierence. I had my offroad bike shock done (I do my others myself). The shock does not have a valve to put pressure on it, so a valve was mounted on it by an expert.

• 5 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Sachs shock on my 07 Gas Gas. It doesn't leak but needs the oil changed. I watched your video and was thinking I can take it apart just enough to change the oil, not take it completely apart like you did. A couple of questions: can I release the pressure without drilling a hole? Are your repressurizing with just air? Thanks.

I have a Sachs shock on my 07 Gas Gas. It doesn't leak but needs the oil changed. I watched your video and was thinking I can take it apart just enough to change the oil, not take it completely apart like you did. A couple of questions: can I release the pressure without drilling a hole? Are your repressurizing with just air? Thanks.

You need a hole to pressurize the shock after reassembly too.
Air is 80% nitrogen. Not ideal but work (on trials) just like mountain bike and downhill shocks because shock does not get too hot like on a enduro or MX