2002 315R Custom Decals And Vinyl Wrap

broberg

My 315r has been thru some rougher days, the fender is replaced (from red to a grey one) and the gas tank was wrapped in a worn down carbonfiber-look-a-like vinyl when I got it.

Removed the wrap and my next move is to re-wrap it with another vinyl for now (cheap and easy to fix when damaged).

But the thing is, I don't want the tank and fender to be "naked" so to speak, so I want to replace the fender decal/sticker with a new one,

so I scanned the one I removed from the grey fender and Are right now in the process of outlining it to get the shape right for a test print.

Am I wasting my time because this has already been done or is it something that would interest the rest of you? ie a custom vector file that can be changed however you like

(if it fits good I'll upload mine as a template for those who want to make their own!)

Edited by broberg

Do not know your location  but if your in the UK then you should find these on Ebuy.

I've seen original ones, but I'm a tinkerer and stock is not for me. (Plus, the lady works at a sign printing shop, so, yeah, cheap for me :D )

So the basic outline is getting there, have to sharpen the "hooks" on the sides, but then I'm running a test print to see if I managed to keep the size correct

post-22628-0-91204300-1465554755_thumb.jpg

Btw, since there are quite a few sets for the 315r, these are the model the was fitted on mine :

post-22628-0-56066300-1465554938_thumb.jpg

Okey, so managed the tank aswell, did get some creases around the top bend of the fender and the gas cap, but Im getting better it at least :D

post-22628-0-32152800-1465647748_thumb.jpg

I love that they've managed to get the cameleon effect to the vinyl, fits the forks nicely!
Left now is a stylish decal in the same colour scheme!
post-22628-0-69402800-1465647725_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I was thinking of doing my tank with vinyl wrap - do you know how petrol resistant it is? I'm guessing it won't take long to start lifting along the edge on the mudguard

Not that resistant sadly, but the old vinyl had actually held up quite nicely around the cap, how old that was I have no idea.

But it had more friction wear than wear from any fluids.

You wrap around the fender and then apply a flat piece on the inside of the fender that covers the edges, have done it on a enduro before this, held up quite nicely. far longer then I expected :)

cost of vinyl is about £15 to cover the fender and tank, so it's a cheap alternative to paint.

And if you don't like it, rip it off and no harm is done to whats under.

• 2 weeks later...

Okey! So did some different versions, tried the one with just the shape cut out in black satin vinyl.
And It really pleased me, So I might just keep this version, but maybe flash it up with the other version that is printed?

Any comments?

Black vinyl only :

post-22628-0-16792000-1466365123_thumb.jpg

Test of the printed version :
post-22628-0-89138100-1466365354_thumb.jpg