Completly New To Trials Tx 270

db_89

sorry for all the questions but i thought id be better put them in one thread.

iv  bought my first trials and its a 1998 gas gas tx 270 contact,im completly clueless so need to ask a few questions.

premix ratio? i was told approx 75mls to 5ltrs?

tyre pressures front and back?

gear oil grade and how many hourly service

the previous owner has a KnN 4stroke cone filter on it and the airbox is gone,is there anyone with a secondhand airbox or is there any trials breakers in the uk

thanks for your help

derek

premix, 80:1

tire pressure, in the region of 6-7psi front and 3.5-4 in the back

I run 75W gear oil, in the GG, but a lot of people run ATF and you'll get a million opinions. If you use ATF, change it often. I do every 10 hours.

premix, 80:1

tire pressure, in the region of 6-7psi front and 3.5-4 in the back

I run 75W gear oil, in the GG, but a lot of people run ATF and you'll get a million opinions. If you use ATF, change it often. I do every 10 hours.

your a star!!

what type atf would i use? dex 2 mineral or dex 3 synthetic ? there is atf in it now and she crawls on slightly when cold

NEVER use synthetic ATF, clutch may feel nice for a while, but will stick, slip, drag and I just had endless trouble with it (putoline synthetic ATF), It also made my plates swell. Now I have new plates and run 15W40 with no problems, your bike is a pre Pro so has a regular design clutch, unlike the diaphragm clutch in the Pro, so you should have no problems with 10W40, I wouldnt run ATF if I was you, its a common trick to eliminate drag in the Pro clutch which your bike should not have.

Edited by glynn