Trs

dwb5151

Any reviews on the Trs yet or have any of you ridden it yet. My local dealer has been waiting for over a year now and the bikes still aren't in so i can get a test ride one to see what its like. 

Questions have any of you ridden the TRS

Whats the build quality like 

Whats the reliability like for any of you who own one

What engine does it use because i have been told its a gas gas with a jotagas frame.

Many thanks

Build quality is excellent. Clutch feel is very good (diaphragm clutch), though the pull is a good bit stiffer than my modified GG clutch. The engine is their own design, although looking at it I'd say it most closely resembles (from an outward design standpoint anyway) a GG engine.

One of the nicest things about the bike is how well thought out the design is in terms of servicing. Linkage is easily accessible, airbox/fender section removes with a few bolts (ala GasGas), you can adjust the steering head bearings without having to remove the bars to tighten the top nut, etc.

Reliability, I have no idea... apparently a bunch finished the SSDT without issue, which is generally a good sign. But since no one has owned one for terribly long yet I don't think a real answer is possible.

Edited by heffergm

I have been reading up about them and watching them on YouTube. My local dealer still is waiting for them. Over a year now. I've booked a test ride on the 300. The frame is it the same as the montesa aluminium. They look a good job and at the price I think it will be good. I like the way the gas gas bikes ride but hate the build quality especially the frame steel. This is why I am interested in it. But I don't want to buy one and be working at it constantly. Many thanks dw

We have a demo model in the eastern centre. The design is nice, easy to work on. Clearly someone has thought about it. The only negative for me is the rear mudguard it is not very flexible should you bend it, I can see it breaking.

I had a go in the back garden of the owner and it did feel nice. Suspension especially. They could be on to a winner.

It does look a great bike I just wish they would hurry up and get the bikes to the dealers over in Northern Ireland. Do you think their is anything on it which is the same as the jotagas. I really hope not. as in my opinion the jotagas aren't good bikes. Some people are calling the trs the jotagas mark 2 . What do think many thanks

The TRS isn't much like the JTG at all.

It's not surprising the 2 get confused seeing as the same guy designed them both. The engines have one similar casings but that's about it.

Completely different chassis.

Different engine

Similar wheels and front suspension but that's about it.

I wouldn't confuse the two .

• Like 2

My son just got his TRS, about 4 days before our biggest two day trial of the year. He hasnt ridden in 6 months since he was waiting for the bike to come. He basicaly had just enough time to break it in before the trial. It was totally stock and we had not had time to do anything to it. It ran perfectly with the Dellorto carb. I reckon that the bike is perfect for 90 percent of the people with the Dellorto. Powerful, smooth and grips like crazy. He rides the top class here, and the bike ran perfect. Note, I did get to ride both my sons bike, and the other one that came it with it, that has been fittled with a Kehein carb. The Kehein transforms the bike into a rocketship, very powerful, maybe just an adjustment some top level guys will want. We will be putting one on my sons bike. Build quality is very very good. I havent found anything yet that I can critisize. It does ride similar to a GG, but different.....I believe its the aluminum frame that makes it feel so stable, but extremely light.

• Like 1

I have no connection with anything trs, and for what I have seen with the bike so far, they are at least on a par or better than all the other makes. Very nice looking bike. Sound good as well.

I would have one....