Trs

dwb5151

I didn't say i had one or was going to purchase one, we are still ossa dudes, i was stating what i thought of the machine, and if i decided to change bike i would defy have a punt on a TRS.

Gas Gas or TRS, i know which one out of those i would have.....and doesn't begin with 7th letter of alphabet.. :hyper:

As far as how it rides goes, it seems more Beta-y to me. Although that might just be down to how narrow it it is approaching the headstock. I have a really hard time judging when I only get a few minutes on a bike that isn't set up remotely how I like it to determine these things. I'm sure I could make a TRS feel comfortable to me, but coming straight off my GG onto the TRS, it just felt weird... but then any bike not set up like my GG would. It's funny how many small setup details can make such a huge difference in perception of a bike.

In any case, I'm willing to bet the TRS rides beautifully, but for me the clutch effort is a killer... it's just too much for my gimpy hand to deal with over the course of a full trial. If the effort can be reduced I'd be willing to try one though.

I didn't say i had one or was going to purchase one, we are still ossa dudes, i was stating what i thought of the machine, and if i decided to change bike i would defy have a punt on a TRS.

Gas Gas or TRS, i know which one out of those i would have.....and doesn't begin with 7th letter of alphabet.. :hyper:

I think you are letting yourself down ian things have moved on and gassers are not the same as they were. Little changes here and there can add up, not least the new ignition.

Better or worse than any other thats a personal thing but not something I would let put me off a trs ossa or jtg till id ridden one.

Nigel the gas gas is basically the same bike as the 2002 pro, yes it's improved but still the same bike, frame changed, geometry the same, build quality maybe better after torrett buy out??? Know ones knows yet ?? I know riders have same problems on later bikes as the earlier ones. The jury is out at moment on the new improved GG ?

Nigel the gas gas is basically the same bike as the 2002 pro, yes it's improved but still the same bike, frame changed, geometry the same, build quality maybe better after torrett buy out??? Know ones knows yet ?? I know riders have same problems on later bikes as the earlier ones. The jury is out at moment on the new improved GG ?

I also know a lot that dont have problems, even one with a 2003 model, never any real problem appart from some clutch work.

Dont forget there are a lot of those bikes sold and some bad stories will always circulate.

E.g. I know 2 bikes who had the footpeg broke off. (I know more honda's where this happened btw). But I also know plenty (100+) gg bikes were this did not happen.

At the end make sure you are comfortable with it, and ride and have joy!

Edited by crazybond700

I also know a lot that dont have problems, even one with a 2003 model, never any real problem appart from some clutch work.

Dont forget there are a lot of those bikes sold and some bad stories will always circulate.

E.g. I know 2 bikes who had the footpeg broke off. (I know more honda's where this happened btw). But I also know plenty (100+) gg bikes were this did not happen.

At the end make sure you are comfortable with it, and ride and have joy!

Sensible answer.

Ian, I know = I have knowledge of

No one = no person

• 2 weeks later...

There is one around here but we have yet to see it. My thoughts are that Ross Danby does not seem to doing as well this year as he did last on the JGAS. Could be down to riding style or even that he was really used to the JGAS having ridden it a few years though. However I don't see many finding homes around here at the moment.

I can't really see him going anywhere else provided TRS wants to continue with him (and why wouldn't they... they're not going to get anyone else that can run Bou so closely). I'd have to think he'd be a little wary of going back to GG if they were interested and had the budget, and who else is going to want to pay him?

Had my first ride on mine this week and will be riding Saturday/Sunday this weekend.

Very impressed so far, working on it is a dream and well thought out. Everything seems excellent quality and all lines up perfectly.

I haven't ridden for 3-4 months due to a broken collar bone but I rode everything I was doing before, within 5 mins of jumping on!

Only time will tell I guess but so far so good!