Hello Newbie Here :) Advice Needed

speshal

1 minute ago, section swept said:

Just rushed out into the garden and rummaged around in me bushes but no scrap bike parts potentially worth a Bonhams ransom price....just Mr.Toad? soaking in the damp?atmosphere.

I have no idea what anything is worth :lol:

I'm trying to justify spending £12 on a new float valve.....

20 hours ago, section swept said:

Justification answer....try making one...then £12 doesn’t seem so expensive?

Very true!

Yet another one of my stupid questions!

Hypothetically speaking if you were going to order a replacement float valve for a Mikuni VM26 would you get a 2.5?

EjulbgF.jpg

9vteN7b.jpg

Oh and if anyone uses a "Smart Watch" I've designed a watch face :)

uiCWeQ5.png

Edited by speshal
addition
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, speshal said:

Very true!

Yet another one of my stupid questions!

Hypothetically speaking if you were going to order a replacement float valve for a Mikuni VM26 would you get a 2.5?

EjulbgF.jpg

9vteN7b.jpg

Oh and if anyone uses a "Smart Watch" I've designed a watch face :)

uiCWeQ5.png

I’d be very surprised if the needle valve shown actually seals it looks very ridged. Needle valve and seat called for....or suitable material from which to make both. So that’ll be a lathe and various tooling plus drawings and dimensions, £3,500 should cover it???‍♂️?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, section swept said:

I’d be very surprised if the needle valve shown actually seals it looks very ridged. Needle valve and seat called for....or suitable material from which to make both. So that’ll be a lathe and various tooling plus drawings and dimensions, £3,500 should cover it???‍♂️?

:lol: Very true, I think I'll just buy a new one, the trouble is I don't know which one to get? I think, from what I've read it looks like a 2.5 but just need someone with a bit more knowledge than I to confirm :lol: 

10 hours ago, speshal said:

:lol: Very true, I think I'll just buy a new one, the trouble is I don't know which one to get? I think, from what I've read it looks like a 2.5 but just need someone with a bit more knowledge than I to confirm :lol: 

I spoke to a nice chap at Allens Performance, he sold me a 2.5 :lol: - Seems my carb is off an old Beta Rev4.

• Like 1