2017 Models Released. Opinions?

markg

Well now you guys have me thinking i mught have made the wrong choice i've been riding my repsol 250cc 06 model and just placed an order for a 2017 300RR montesa if the 260cc is that big of difference whats the 300cc gonna be? Its coming in April i can hardly wait 

Anyone out there made that switch?

5 hours ago, jakerto said:

fxstbi....since you bought your bike in the US....what is the warranty? Love to get one, but awfully expensive if Honda wont stand behind it.

The first page of the owners manual says "this vehicle is sold as is with no warranties". Since it's competition machine nothing is covered. 

It says that on all Honda competition bikes sold in the states.

Honda Protection Plan coverage is available for new Honda ATVs and select Honda Motorcycles (excludes all CRs and competition CRFs*) that are still under factory warranty. Honda Protection Plans are also available for Certified Pre-Owned vehicles that are obtained from your Honda Dealer's inventory. The maximum term length for pre-owned models is 24 months

Edited by lineaway

Stevelimb....not to doubt you, but to double check...the published idle speed (of course from publications not Honda) still shows 1800 rpm for the 2017. Can you confiorm that it is lower and less prone to cut out?. Thanks

3 hours ago, fxstbi said:

I hope that is correct. Since my wife bought the bike I didn't talk with the dealer. I'll have to check. 

I just went through all the paperwork that came with mine, everywhere a warranties mentioned it's marked N/A so I assume there is none. I'm pretty sure at some point the dealer said 6 months, I either heard wrong or he was wrong.

On 1/2/2017 at 4:13 AM, jakerto said:

Stevelimb....not to doubt you, but to double check...the published idle speed (of course from publications not Honda) still shows 1800 rpm for the 2017. Can you confiorm that it is lower and less prone to cut out?. Thanks

Well I bought a tachometer (one you wrap a wire around the spark plug lead) and it records 800 (cold)-900(warm) RPM (or there abouts), now maybe there is a setting to 'double it up' which would give 1600-1800. But if I listen to my sons car when running at 1800 RPM (and use the meter on it) it really does sound like it is running twice the speed.

The Montesa at 850 RPM does not cut out at all, but also it does not feel like it is 'racing'.

Anyway will update further if I adjust the idle, I'll also listen to some others at the next trial and do a comparison.

3 hours ago, stevelimb said:

Well I bought a tachometer (one you wrap a wire around the spark plug lead) and it records 800 (cold)-900(warm) RPM (or there abouts), now maybe there is a setting to 'double it up' which would give 1600-1800. But if I listen to my sons car when running at 1800 RPM (and use the meter on it) it really does sound like it is running twice the speed.

The Montesa at 850 RPM does not cut out at all, but also it does not feel like it is 'racing'.

Anyway will update further if I adjust the idle, I'll also listen to some others at the next trial and do a comparison.

I have the same type of tach/hour meter and it reads about half of the RPM it should read. The brand I have is Hardline and it reads correctly on my Beta 4t. I've not found a way to change the one on the Montesa so it displays the correct RPM. My instructions show an alternate way to attach the wire directly to the plug cap, I might try that to see if that solves the problem. Just curious, is there a way to adjust the RPM on the Montesa without a lap top?