Ossa Fuel % Increase/decrease Function

canada280i

In the diagnostic software there is a setting that allows an increase or decrease in the amount of fuel the bike uses. Anyone messed with this? What is the purpose? Default setting is of course 100 % but can be changed by +- 5%

I'm using this function. It really helps to make the this best 2T trials engine in the market to run even smoother. It depends on your riding style, how you oil and how much you oil your air filter (how much air the engine gets) and what exhaust you're running (how good the "flow" is).

For Termignoni I run between 102-103% that seems to do the trick for the best smoothness in power delivery for my riding style and less "popping", since Termi seems to run leaner (better flow vs stock).

For stock exhaust I still experiment, currently 101.5%, a bit too much popping and unstable under load or free running, might tune leaner next time I connect the ECU.

I use very "sticky" Motorex air filter oil, but the flow seems to be good since I tend to go on the richer side (over 100%).

Edited by tsiklonaut
  • Like 1

The maps or programmes are basically fuel/air algorithms compared to the engine revs. The + - 5% adjustment shifts the start of the algorithm upscale or downscale, maintaining the curve of that particular programme.

From a starting point of 100%, setting to a lower value, say 98%, leans off the mixture, conversely going to 102% makes for a fuel rich mixture.

Bye, Peter B.

• Like 1

Well then I better start experimenting. I currently only very lightly oil my main air filter. I have a jitsie pre filter also installed which I oil a little more, I find the prefilter catches all the dirt before it hits the main filter. I also run carbon reeds and also have the termignoni muffler. I'll start at 103% and go from there. So as I understand it, by increasing the fuel to 103% I am forcing the use of more fuel at a given throttle opening, correct?

Hi Johnny Rotten, I have never ran the motor switching between the two available maps, I have just stuck with the one map that worked best with my motor, which in this case was an experimental 300 cylinder from Ossa, where I used a specific 300 map, which seemed to work well. The standard 2013 trial 280 map had too much advance for this motor, in my opinion.

Canada280i, I found the carbon reeds, not the Boysen dual stage ones, did not work well with the Ossa, lost low end power. Best were std Ossa reeds or GG Pro reeds which are the same. Yes, going from 100 to 103% richens the fuel/air mixture over the rev range.

Bye, Peter B.

• 1 month later...