Is A Transit Connect Big Enough?

danyorks

I'm looking for a van for transportig my Beta Evo about.

I kind of like the SWB low roof transit connect with a sliding side door.

Does anybody use one? Any pics of your trials bike in the back of one?

Thanks

Bike fits fine corner to opposite corner with the bulkhead in,  You can get 2 bikes in if you remove the bulkhead. Had a SWB for 10 years, Never a problem, Now have new shape and still fits corner to opposite corner.

Edited by gasserguy

I have a Transit Connect short wheelbase, low roof, with a bulkhead fitted.

My Evo fitted in crossways, corner to corner, as does my Sherco ST.  

If I fold down the passenger seat and open the bulkhead door, I can fit two bikes in.

If buying second-hand be aware that at around 100,000 miles, the diesel engines will need new injectors.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a brand new Transit Connect turbo here accross the pond, and its brilliant. I can easily fit 3 bikes in mine and all the gear etc.

I think you have a transit and not the connect. We dont sell the turbo connect here in us or canada. I like them both and wholly cow they hold their value.

Yes a connect can fit two trials bikes. I have used my gasgas and the ms scorpa for some capacity tests recently here in dearborn. If you get the touch screen you dont know me.

--Biff

Biff:

Here in Canada the van is labelled a Transit Connect, If you send me your email I will send you some pics. I built a small bike wheel chalk that bolts into the frame after I removed the two tie down hooks that come standard. It easily holds 3 bikes, one on each side pointed forward, and the third in backwards. It rides and pulls remarkably well with three bikes in it! Tested in June as we drove the Sea to Sky Hwy to Squamish attending a trial there.

Steve

Biff:

Here in Canada the van is labelled a Transit Connect, If you send me your email I will send you some pics. I built a small bike wheel chalk that bolts into the frame after I removed the two tie down hooks that come standard. It easily holds 3 bikes, one on each side pointed forward, and the third in backwards. It rides and pulls remarkably well with three bikes in it! Tested in June as we drove the Sea to Sky Hwy to Squamish attending a trial there.

Steve

I stand corrected Steve. the 1.6L ecoboost is available for the Canada market transit connect. 

--Biff

PS PM you my address