Braktec

caddy4u

Most of the new trials bikes appear to have Braktec master cylinders and callipers on them, are they all the same bike to bike, i.e are the only different things the colour (montesa grey/black and gasgas)? and are there any upgrades other than the nissan master cylinder that a lot of montesa riders use? Do brembo make any trials parts? TIA 

If you look at photo's of Factory support riders you will see your answer.

From a casual observer I see AJP small and large reservoir master cylinders and even on Factory GasGas rider you will see a older style AJP front caliper.

With the problems I saw in 2014 with Brakemtec I started using the older AJP small reservoir master cylinders ( clutch / front brake )

A prominent trials supplier in UK has raised there prices for you guessed it. The AJP small / large reservoir mineral oil clutch master cylinder.

Enjoy

Terry

If you look at photo's of Factory support riders you will see your answer.

From a casual observer I see AJP small and large reservoir master cylinders and even on Factory GasGas rider you will see a older style AJP front caliper.

With the problems I saw in 2014 with Brakemtec I started using the older AJP small reservoir master cylinders ( clutch / front brake )

A prominent trials supplier in UK has raised there prices for you guessed it. The AJP small / large reservoir mineral oil clutch master cylinder.

Enjoy

Terry

Who supplies the AJP in uk ?

• Like 1

As I understand it AJP went bankrupt a few years ago. The firm was bought and the Braketec products released to replace them. There was a break in production hence the usage of Formula Brakes which didn't work as well for Trials M/C's. The Braketec Products are AJP with a bit of development. AJP hadn't changed the design or price in years which lead to their demise. I have heard that HOPE have dabbled in designing and tested Brakes for Trials M/C's but if that's true they are keeping them well under their hat.

Never tried any braketec parts, but a good working AJP is more than enough power for me, our Beta Techno has a 4 pot AJP off an 09 Gas Gas and its brutal!, I also have the same caliper and master cylinder on my 03 Gas Gasand it is nowhere near as good, although its likely on old fluid and ready for a clean. But honestly, even a badly working modern trials brake will lockup with 1 finger, what more would you want??

• Like 1