Wes Alloy Clubfoot

smelling123

• 3 weeks later...

• 4 months later...

I exchanged a number of emails with WES last August and at that time they had hoped to have them available through their retail dealers in mid to late Sept '16.

Also spoke with InMotion at the same time and they were hoping for the same as well.

Must send a follow up email to WES

Edited by model80
  • Like 1

Just to follow up, I made enquiries with WES and they are now available through their listed dealers.

I also contacted InMotion and they confirmed that they are now available and will have them listed on the website from later today.

Edited by model80
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, model80 said:

Just to follow up, I made enquiries with WES and they are now available through their listed dealers.

I also contacted InMotion and they confirmed that they are now available and will have them listed on the website from later today.

Any idea of price?

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate these comments put me in the poser category and a bit of a luddite but who cares.

As a Young lad I attended my first Trial in  1976. This was I think the East Anglian National fore runner of the Colchester clubs present day Phil King Trial. The most common bike being ridden were Bultaco and for me the look of the bike was love at first site. A love never lost. One of the things that attracted me was the strange shape exhaust with that unique club foot and the two round outlet stubs. I still regularly drive past the site where that Trial started and finished back in 76 and every time my mind takes me back as I can still see in my mind the riders on the final section, a steep climb near vertical at the top.

These after market exhausts may perform better and easier to repack but you will never see the original replaced on one of my bikes.

Stuart

• Like 3

9 hours ago, twinnshock said:

I appreciate these comments put me in the poser category and a bit of a luddite but who cares.

As a Young lad I attended my first Trial in  1976. This was I think the East Anglian National fore runner of the Colchester clubs present day Phil King Trial. The most common bike being ridden were Bultaco and for me the look of the bike was love at first site. A love never lost. One of the things that attracted me was the strange shape exhaust with that unique club foot and the two round outlet stubs. I still regularly drive past the site where that Trial started and finished back in 76 and every time my mind takes me back as I can still see in my mind the riders on the final section, a steep climb near vertical at the top.

These after market exhausts may perform better and easier to repack but you will never see the original replaced on one of my bikes.

Stuart

Nice bit of nostalgia, I have a similar place called the Slade Valley near Dublin, where I competed in my first Trial back in 1979, which I remember with similar fondness whenever I drive by.

The astetics of the WES product my not be to everyones taste, however it represents a valuable alternative source of spare parts, which I know may not be concours d'elegance standard. But it will enable bikes, some now approaching 45 years old to keep running and competing and not becoming "garage queens".

Edited by model80
  • Like 1