Wes Alloy Clubfoot

smelling123

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 2:46 AM, shercosteve said:

I have purchased one from Inmotion this week and is on the way to the US, full report soon ! Hoping for weight loss over stock, nice sound and any performance gains would be nice, plus its rebuildable.  Stay Posted !

A guy off a facebook group has got his, pic below

he reports a good power increase

16252322_10210630635314548_8321810746009959346_o.jpg

16402637_10210630637914613_5175324970190838588_o.jpg

Edited by shakennstirred
  • Like 5

I'm still super excited with my purchase of the WES silencer, the fit is super, its light and sounds great, not too loud but has a raspy tone. Had a friend over today who has a 199B take mine for a spin, the look of him shaking his head in disbelief on how good mine runs now was priceless... Both of our bikes use 250 flywheels , CDI ignition and flat sided carbs..  Seems to rev quicker but still has the Bultaco grunt down low.  Cool piece highly recommended.

• Like 3

On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 9:08 PM, shercosteve said:

I'm still super excited with my purchase of the WES silencer, the fit is super, its light and sounds great, not too loud but has a raspy tone. Had a friend over today who has a 199B take mine for a spin, the look of him shaking his head in disbelief on how good mine runs now was priceless... Both of our bikes use 250 flywheels , CDI ignition and flat sided carbs..  Seems to rev quicker but still has the Bultaco grunt down low.  Cool piece highly recommended.

Hi Steve, hope you didn't mind me putting your pics up.

wanted to put the video up also, but it wouldn't let me lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Got mine in the mail today. I haven't spent much time fiddling with the 199 or the RL due to hip replacement surgery, but now i am cleared to return to my activities. Trying to regain strength in the legs and plan my first outing since November on my little TL125.

I have managed to install the electronic ignition and OKO carb, repainted the frame to a pretty close color, picked up a new tank and fenders, and swapped the flywheel for a 250 unit per Steve B's advice. Most of this work began before the surgery.

The WES is the capper, though.

Will post pics once I get it on!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Almost there. I was ready to install the new tank and found that the petcock mounting is different than the stocker. This one has a two screw install instead of the single unit found on the stock tank. I assume In Motion sells these?

Anyway, so far;

I powder coated the shock springs and footpegs mainly because I could. They look pretty good.

IMG_0168.JPG

• Like 5

All the blue plastic tanks I have seen have had the two captive 6mm nuts in the plastic that the tap is attached to, the red199 tank I am pretty sure has a 12mm thread

PS I have no idea what tap fits the UK alloy tanks, but I assume they are UK only?

Cheers Greg

IMG_3053a.jpg

Vintage-OEM-Bultaco-Sherpa-T-Model-199-Gas-_57.jpgt.jpg

• Like 1